Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...Here I am at 69 but doing fast walking instead of very slow running. As a long term motorcyclist I have had cars running into me and its messed up my knees and hips! I am still doing my round the hills route three times a week even though the bridal paths are like mire's. I get quite sweaty doing the walking but its better as I can carry a LARGE brolly so I never get wet. (one would look daft running along with a brolly) I am also still doing the weights as I gather that people loose muscle-mass as they get older....I don't want to look frail like so many (old) people do. I will come back here sometime in the future....gods willing.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Bill
Nothing wrong with fast walking - I'm firmly of the conviction that very overweight runners would put far less strain on their joints by doing fast walking, they wouldn't be lifting their body weight as in walking it never leaves the ground. Best wishes for your continued efforts to prolong your fitness!

·
4,265 Posts
As above Bill, when I had a problem with my knees I found that fast walking was far easier on them than slow running and certainly helped my recovery.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
well done Bill. I also suffer from bikers knee, (a lorry did it for me) but I hope to keep going to you age and beyond.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts