Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having suffered with injury for a little while the pain had eased sufficiently for me to run today ,So suitably attired for the weather i decided almost on the spur of the moment to run .

I had decided to do about 2.5 miles if i felt ok .

Well i set off and the miles just flew by i felt so good to be out on the road again and life has dealt me a good hand for a change i choose to plod on ended up at about 4.5 miles i'm exhilirated !!

I thought i'd share my thoughts with you as it may just make some of you other injured runners i'm not going to use ther word jogger because to me if your out there doing it no matter how slow your a runner!

The other thing that occured to me regarding injuries is this ,iknow they use placebo's in medical research and these have been found to have a remarkable psyciological effect!

Well what about using a distraction technique for runners .?

The most common site for injuries in runners is naturally the legs well what about this idea

You know those really viscious crocodile clips well how about attaching them to your nips you'll be in so much agony that you'll be able to run wihout feeling your legs .,and as an added bonus you wont get joggers nipple as the clips will stop your tee's from chafing

I'd appreciate your insults i mean comments! on my observations:p

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have tried it but not while running I'll have to find a guinea pig first though

Oh on second thoughts that would be cruelty to animals i'm not having that .

Ok nips here i come

Nurse hes out of bed again!

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not while i'm under the nurses they've got me pinned to the bed in case i escape again
but they've got some funny ways of pacifying patients:eek:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
cheriton said:
not while i'm under the nurses they've got me pinned to the bed in case i escape again
but they've got some funny ways of pacifying patients:eek:

it doesn't seem to have worked with you though :d

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
give it time Trin in the words of take that just a little patience:p

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the pain i've been experiencing of late rich sadism is the only thing that would work:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts