Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what would be best as i am suffering from Tibials Posterior syndrome a the moment and haven't run for 3 weeks.

Looking at the Aircast AirLift Flat Foot Ankle Brace when i came across the orthotics or can you wear both?

Cheers Gaz

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I thought your physio was going to make some orthotics for you? I would ask his/her advice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Eddie he has said that but i'm a bit sceptical on him as its costing me loads of money.Since i've seen him on Monday i've spent £250 on 2 seperate anti-inflamatory injections and 3 other sessions and tbh i'm not made of money.I'd rather give up running than keep paying this amount as he said he doesn't know how long it'll take and we'll see how it goes over the next 2 weeks!
So i'm looking at sorting it out myself.

Cheers Gaz

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
That is very expensive and custom made orthotics aren't cheap. The aircast airlist seems quite expensive as well. Why not try some sports orthotics designed to control overpronation/flat feet?
http://www.drfoot.co.uk/acatalog/Dr_Foot_On_Line_Vasyli_Insoles_43.html

I think you mentioned you were running in Brooks trainers - do you know which model? Radius? Adrenaline? Vapour? Addictions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again Eddie I'm running in the Brooks Adrenaline gts7 trainer.

I don't know what to do with my physio ihad to go back again this morning because of my injections last night and had some electrical stimulation on the area and he tried to get me back in for Tuesday but i put him off untill Thursday. I'm thinking of getting a second opinion but don't feel as if i trust any1 at the mo:d

I asked him about the ankle support and he said it would be a waste of time as its not that bad!? He also mentioned that the orthotics he could get would be about £50 whereas normally they would be about £150 for the ones i need,am i being taken for a ride :confused: ?

Cheers Gaz

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Orthotics can we quite expensive typically £100-200 so £50 sounds very cheap by comparison. I've never had to have injections so I can't comment on the cost - how did you find this physio? I used to pay £25 per session to see a sports therapist intially twice a week then once a week until I went to see a chiropractor.

Is he recommending that you use your insoles with the adrenalines? Has he done any form of gait analysis with a video and a treadmill?

I suppose the bottom line is do you think the ankle is getting any better?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was getting better untill he said i needed another injection.Since i've had it,it feels worse and swollen up again:rolleyes:
I'm going to wait untill the weekend and see what its like.I've ordered some of those gel insole's so hopefully i'll try a small run at the weekend.

Thx Gaz

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Remember RICE - Rest Ice Compression Elevation

·
Registered
119 Posts
anyone who can get you an orthotic for 1/3 of the price it would normally be sounds a bit dodgey to me, in my clinic custom semi rigid orthotics are £60 - £100 dependant on the model, they are that price because that is the price they are, not because they should be £200 and i am selling them cheap, sounds like a second opinion could be what you need

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have loads of info on the vulkansupports.co.uk website, click on the man where you are experiencing pain and it will offer information on different common injuries- as well as reccommended excercises to get you back on form.

[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts