Runners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay after some advice over a bugbear of mine. This has happened a few times now. So if I'm doing an exercise event this is like my "therapy" time and I always plan for the event. Once I trained for a running event and at the start someone wanted me and her to stick together because she wanted company and was nervous about a hill. Didn't know who she was. Then yesterday as soon as the buzzer went at 8am someone started talking to me and saying we'll do the 12 miles together. I was so annoyed, I'd spent a lot of time preparing for the event and I had no idea who she was but she wanted company whole way around, me on the other hand wanted peace and quiet! I ended up having to go super slow at start so she got fed up and then tagged with someone else. But seriously, anyone else think it's a bit rude to just impose yourself on someone you don't know at an event? Especially when you don't know if they have personal goals. Any advice what to say in the moment? For next event I'm going to wear a bag over my head and make no eye contact with anyone ha ha!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Earphones plugged in can give a hint and upping the pace a bit works as well. It isn't that often you can find someone that cam match your pace for the whole race. Another tactic is to stop for the loo, that usually shakes them off as well.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah thank you winnet! Yes maybe I'll get some fake earphones for the start! Don't really understand why others want to tag with me, maybe I have a friendly face or something. It's just so annoying!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts