Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advise wanted please - am a fairly new runner and have been having a ball and really enjoying myself - that is until Monday. I had been running and after getting home and stretching etc I developed a pain in my ankle. The pain is on my right ankle just above the ankle bone. Can anyone give me a clue as to what I have maybe done. Yesterday I could barely walk - today is much better. I have no trouble flexing my foot or putting weight on it but both together is sore.
Thanks in advance
MJ

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to RF MJ.
Can't say what the problem is...could just be overuse... too much too soon. Rest and then try a gentle short run to see how it is.

Apply ice, compress and elevate too.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Mijogger

Sounds like you bruised or minorly strained something; if you can run on it gently without much pain then I suggest do that til it gets better. If it hurts, rest it for a few days, or if it really hurts, see a physio

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for replies. I will rest and see what happens next. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels a little guilty when resting and not running! O didn't realise how addictive this would become.

Advise wanted please - am a fairly new runner and have been having a ball and really enjoying myself - that is until Monday. I had been running and after getting home and stretching etc I developed a pain in my ankle. The pain is on my right ankle just above the ankle bone. Can anyone give me a clue as to what I have maybe done. Yesterday I could barely walk - today is much better. I have no trouble flexing my foot or putting weight on it but both together is sore.
Thanks in advance
MJ

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Welcome to RF

Hope your foot is better soon.

TT :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still here and resting!!!!!!!!!!! :-( Been to see phsio have damaged some ankle tendons - fortunately not too serious but still not up and running hope to get started again next week (fingers crossed) - have had some ultra sound and given some exercises. Thanks for all advise posted on this forum.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
hope all is better soon and you are back out pounding the pavements:d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts