Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some advice please on this problem!

I hurt my ankle about two years ago becomes I landed on the outside of it,

for example if you (while sitting) face the sole of your right foot inward toward your left foot ..so the sole is against the inside of the left foot, I landed on it like that. "hope that made sense"

two days ago I went for a run - did a very easy low impact warm-up on a stationary bike, then did a very slow first run, I ran 1.01 miles in 12 mins 45 secs.

That evening my right knee was a bit strange but that cleared up the next day, instead my ankle, my right ankle on the outside hurt, so the right side of my right ankle hurt, and it was a bit painful to walk on.. especially when pressure is on the front of the foot in a walking action.

Its now the 2nd day after the run and I woke up this morning with the pain again - it did seem to the other day fade away during the day but today I woke up and its back.

I am worried that the tendon I pulled 2 years ago is maybe tight? or still damaged? although running around the block for a few months I didn't get this pain at all.

Any advice from any of your guys would be much appreciative, as I'm very worried!

·
Registered
15 Posts
to the injury you described either sounds like a peroneal tendon tear or tendonitis or damage to the ATFL - anterior talofibular ligament. Both usually respond very well to physio based exercise however if your foot mechanics are off - due to some sort of foot pathology then this can flair your problem up. 90% of the injuries i see require both a podiatry and physio input. It maybe worth seeing a sports podiatrist if you already havent. Failing that REST and stertches / strengthening / proprioception exercises will help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply so soon and detailed.

I think I will walk tonight as the pain seems to have gone nearly completely and doesnt seems to hurt while walking.. and tomorow book in for the doctors,..

I've been researching too and came to read a bit about the peroneal tendon, although my ankle after a full days walking around London and doing things seems to have settled down, it seems to be going - I've also found exactly where the pain was comming from, about 2 inches above my ankle on the out side of the leg...

Also I bought much softer running shoes to hopefully help..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently started having trouble with the tendon on the outside of my ankle. Some times if I rotate or flex my ankle a get an incredibly loud pop/crack. The ankle also feels a little weaker than the other. The peroneal tendon on the side of my foot is much more prominent than the other. Could this be Peroneal tendon subluxation or a less serious injury? The pain is certainly not severe but I am nervous about trying to run on it. Any advice would be brilliant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts