Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a long story, but basically, on tuesday and jumped down from a high height, something ive done manys a time without any problems. At the time i felt no pain what so ever. but the next day i felt alot of pain with i put weight on the ball of my right foot, so havent run at all this week. does anybody have any tips to speed it up? ive been spraying cool breeze on it daily since
thanks
sean

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Normally the ball of the foot pain points to metatarsalgia, which is a sort of nerve irritation I think but as this happened after a jump I was woundering if it was possible if you broke some bones or sprained something - I would see your GPs nuse if you you are worried.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate
its no logner sore when walking, but is sore going down stairs. im going to go for a light jog this evening just to see how it goes, will end up a light walk instead tho :confused:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Could be one of the tendons in the foot. You say it hurts going downstairs is that when pushing off - any discomfort on the outside of the ankle?

Take it easy try using a run/walk technique and see how you get on.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I hope this does not seem silly but did something get through the bottom of the trainer whilst you jumped and it ended up pricking the ball of the foot ?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
No room for slip ups on here Granty.

As I well know.................................:d

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nope, jumped from steel drum onto concrete pier while fishing , nothign in the way.

mate got it worse too, wasnt his feet tho :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just got back from a 5 mile jog, didnt feel a thing. while if i walked on a studded pavement it would hurt like hell, anyway, theres a 10k race on friday, and hopefully i can do it, will be my first :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Sean said:
just got back from a 5 mile jog, didnt feel a thing. while if i walked on a studded pavement it would hurt like hell, anyway, theres a 10k race on friday, and hopefully i can do it, will be my first :)
There is your answer Sean, just lightly jog around instead of walking ......... imagine how fit you will become! ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts