Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i need to scratch the big city marathon itch. Having done a mixture of road, trail and mountain marathons over the last 4 years and never having been picked for London i've gone and entered Paris 2016 :)

I've got the Yorkshire Marathon in about a month, then an easy 4-6 weeks before ramping up to Paris...can't wait!

Flights are booked so the wife and I can have a few days away at the same time (don't you love planning holiday around running!)...just need to find a hotel. If anyone has any suggestions i'm all ears.

Anyone done Paris before? Advice, etc?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Did it earlier this year. Well organised, nice course, good medal/tshirt and an expo thats easy to access.

The course itself is decent, at times its a little bit dull when you are just running through concrete jungle and the final few miles after Roland Garros is difficult because of the lack of support/fairly boring route and at times cobbled surface.

Despite the fact that it has a huge amount of runners though its not congested and its certainly a fast course.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So we're 10days from the Paris marathon...anyone else signed up for it?

Training was a mixed bag for me. Started off great, then injured my knee and lost 3 weeks of build-up. Got almost back on track (distance wise if not pace) then was ill and lost another week. Last 3 weeks have gone ok.

Any idea of a fast time is gone so i'm just out to enjoy myself which is quite nice. Getting pretty excited about this one...really looking forward to it. Maybe its not having any pressure of a time which is helping!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I did it last year and would echo what Robz said earlier in this thread. The last part through the park is very hard in that there are very few spectators to cheer you on.

Mind the water stations as they were very chaotic and there was a lot of orange peel on the ground.

I found most of the info I needed on the runners world forum. They're a friendly bunch and there's always someone willing to answer your questions.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/events/paris-marathon-2016/290753-180.html

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I did it last year and would echo what Robz said earlier in this thread. The last part through the park is very hard in that there are very few spectators to cheer you on.

Mind the water stations as they were very chaotic and there was a lot of orange peel on the ground.

I found most of the info I needed on the runners world forum. They're a friendly bunch and there's always someone willing to answer your questions.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/events/paris-marathon-2016/290753-180.html
boooooo

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
funny...i read that as there being a lot of Orange Pee on the ground not Orange Peel...:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts