Runners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just registered with Park run. My nearest is at Conkers in Leicestershire. I think I will make this my first port of call to set a standard for myself. Not able to do next Saturday as giving blood friday. Hope to be there the week after.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've also just signed up for park run. My local is Victoria park, Leicester.
I was planning to cycle there as the course is about 5k away (ironically).
Does anyone know if stewards will be willing to look after a small bag for me? The bag will contain a tyre repair kit, pump and a change of shoes?
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks like it's a 3 lap route with start and finish close together.

At any parkrun ypu will find a lot of people leaving things in the start / finish area, even tying things trees and fences. It will be a busy area and things left are generally OK.

The volunteers will be busy with their designated tasks so won't have time to act as security for anything left in the area.

I have previously fastened a similar bag to my bike and it was OK. Just don't leave valuables.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like it's a 3 lap route with start and finish close together.

At any parkrun ypu will find a lot of people leaving things in the start / finish area, even tying things trees and fences. It will be a busy area and things left are generally OK.

The volunteers will be busy with their designated tasks so won't have time to act as security for anything left in the area.

I have previously fastened a similar bag to my bike and it was OK. Just don't leave valuables.
Thanks for the reply, appreciated. I'll make sure not to leave anything valuable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts