Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Read a few things about runners having a pasta meal the night before to help them on their run/race the following day.

I like running early on a Sunday morning before the 'rush' and now started to do 10k every week. Not up early enough for breakfast so would a pasta only meal the night before fuel me for the morning?

I am actually cooking some pasta at the moment and it got me thinking.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
You don't really need to load up on pasta for a 10k, you're body should have plenty of fuel on a normal diet for that.

It really applies to longer distances, maybe half marathons, and definitely marathons

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Trinity said:
You don't really need to load up on pasta for a 10k, you're body should have plenty of fuel on a normal diet for that.

It really applies to longer distances, maybe half marathons, and definitely marathons

Just when I think someone has found a reason for me to eat more. Spoil sport
:(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Trinity

Was not sure if it applied to smaller runs but at the moment a 10k is quite big for me.

Ate half the bowl, rest now in fridge :)

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hrun said:
Just when I think someone has found a reason for me to eat more. Spoil sport
:(
sorry Hrun :rolleyes:

think of it this way... eat less, weigh less, run faster! :)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hrun said:
yer, trying that. It is mostly working apart from the bottle of wine and popcorn whilst watching eurovision.
tell me about it... I've got choc covered raisins and Stella :rolleyes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all

They all sounded the same, boring as hell.

I had some pasta with a little garlic butter mixed through and a Tesco grinder thingy with pizza herby flavouring.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Trinity, thanks, now I look even more odd.

Gary, I think this year is good. At least when we lose it will be because we have a naff entry and not because of the vote rigging.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hrun

Even though the show was rubbish I still couldn't switch it off before the results were through. Looks like this year will be the last for Mr Wogan. He sort of hinted during his funny comments.

I think he said about the Portuguese entry..........'Her spare time was well spent on the sunbeds and we have never seen such white teeth since the Osmonds'

:d

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
147 Posts
Trinity said:
tell me about it... I've got choc covered raisins and Stella :rolleyes:
Sorry im back guys im just catching up...............

.............whilst im sitting here in my yomping pants (bit like thongs but with more support and much sexier) Im reading through.....and im gobb smacked you guys drink?

Dont you find it mess's your body up????

I used to enjoy a few pints on a friday night but now it just makes me ill, and after a few ours of circuits all i wanna drink is OJ?

Is this just me?

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Stacka said:
Dont you find it mess's your body up????
At this point you are assuming I have a body that is not already messed up. Part of the fitness drive is to offset the occational slip, after all I am not training for 2012.

As for super fit Trinity, who said Stella was a drink :cool:

BTW to much info on the sitting in jocks thing :embarrassed:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Stacka... I enjoy a couple of drinks now and then, my body has learned to cope with it... as for messin the body up...been there and done that big time...when I was about your age in fact ;)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I don't drink that much. Also if I drink earlier in the evening I will still have an early night and be fresh as a daisy tomorrow.

Having a drink is not the same as being drunk.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hrun said:
Having a drink is not the same as being drunk.
Is it not???? god i must be doing some thing wrong!!!! :p

he he

Iv just knocked the booze on the head for the time whilst im training. I suppose towards the end of my 32 weeks training ill be back on it.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Stacka said:
does it not make you feel shattered the next day?
Nope... 3 morning of every week I have to get up at 4.30am for work anyway, so don't tend to get 'shattered' easily

1 - 20 of 33 Posts