Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I see everyone talking about how good pasta is as an energy food....does anyone have any nice recipes they would like to share as i'm a bit lost as pasta is not one of my favorite foods

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
This is what I have the night before a run,

Slice carrots, chopped cucumber, tomatoes (again chopped), peppers, mushrooms and plenty of mayo. Throw all this in with the Pasta once it cools down, leave in fridge for half hour or so, then enjoy!!

If you make enough of it, can be used for work the next day, saving you on the need for a lunchtime pasty !!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Try pasta with butternut squash, chicken and a creamy...if you are bad... or tomato...if you are good ...sauce.
Go to the bbc homepage and click on food to find pasta recipes

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hi Nellie,

Yes the BBC site is good for recipes, also try Sainsburys or Waitrose sites.

I like spaghetti with smoked bacon or dry smoked ham and a pot of melted boursin with creme fraishe. Not that healthy, but very quick and yummy. Think you could run that off?

Lyn.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I made a delicous Jamie Oliver pasta recipe at the wkend.

Fry onion, garlic and chilli gently for 10mins. Add 2 tins of plum tomatos and simmer for 20mins. Add fresh basil and mushrooms and cook for another 5mins while you cook pasta in another pot.

Layer the pasta and sauce in an oven-proof dish and add slices of mozarella and grated parmasan to the layers.

Put in oven for 15mins. Open mouth and enjoy!:p

·
Registered
310 Posts
Fry onions in olive oil, add mushrooms and chopped red pepper. Fine dice a half of avocado, add a splash of soy and black pepper and a handful of sultanas. Allow to simmer for a few mins. Stir well, then grate in a little of which ever cheese you like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts