Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
about 5 weeks ago but then I am a new runner and pretty much plan my races so that each one is a PB attempt. Next one this Saturday (in theory...)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Last PB was 3 weeks ago, although it shouldn't really be a PB. 10 mile race, a distance I race very rarely, it was an official PB even though I've probably run faster to 10 miles in every race 10 miles + in the last 6 months!

Other PB was a marathon, a month ago, but being a distance I've only run twice no surprise. The distances like 10k and half marathon that I've run quite few times have stood since last October for both of them.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Hmmm... :huh: in one of the "official" distances, my last PB was some 4 or 5 years ago, in a half-marathon.
But last year I ran some races of 9.75K, 10.2K, etc in which I improved greatly my times from previous years.

I WANT A NEW PB!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
My last personal best was last weekend over the steeplechase- took 24 seconds off without much problem and think there's more to come ( because I'm in such poor fitness at the moment having been injured for 4 months) and I know that I'm 20 seconds off PB fitness for 3k, so once that's regained should take another 20 seconds off no problem.

Last significant PBs- 5k last november, 10k feb I think, 1500 + 3k march ( ran injured but at time fitness was so good still ran PBs) and 10 miles + HM sep/oct last year which was the last time I raced them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Although not a competitive PB, I ran my fastest 10k yet in training tonight!!! 46 minutes 29 seconds taking a whopping 31 seconds off my last personal best! :d

I'm so pleased, my last PB was in April so I've started to improve again! :d

·
Registered
310 Posts
As I am quite new to this running game I set a PB nearly every time out. Only done the same distance a few times, so it is easy at the moment.

Making the most of it while I can, it proberly want last long !

·
Registered
151 Posts
I PB'ed at the weekend, knocked 2 and half minutes off my 10k PB. Finally getting back to the form I was in prior to being injured at the beginning of the year.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Apart from the marathon all my PBs have been posted since turning 40 and these are "real" PBs not age graded PBs.
Just goes to show that life, or in this case, running can begin at 40!

·
Registered
151 Posts
When did you start running Steve, and what have you been doing differently that you are getting faster as a Vet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts