Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to tell you about an exiting event that I'm planning to do. Its called the Pennine Duathlon and will be held in Glossop the 6th-7th June 2009.

I dont take well to water and this is why I like the format of this event. Its a 26.2 mile trail run, 100 mile mountain bike and again a 26.2 mile run. Looks like its gonna be super exiting.

the website for this event is www(dot)penninechallenge(dot)com

·
Registered
66 Posts
My goodness, that sounds like one heck of a race. The two runs will be harder than a road marathon because of the surface, and 100 miles is a real long bike ride. I have ridden around 60 miles before and that is pretty tough.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
oh dear... you lot really dont do yourself any favours!

are you running this one or running it ? ;-)

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Oh my God, this race is insane......:'(
Surely you don't do it all in one go on the same day.....:confused:
And people think I'm a bit bonkers for wanting to do Tough Guy.......this one is crackers hardcore......:lol:

How long do you think it will take you, Marathongirl?? (I'm assuming you're a bird.......:cool:)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
So it's a marathon. Off road. In the peaks. Twice. With a 100 mile bike ride.

That would take me a week to finish!
It would take less than a day to finish me :wacko:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I guess people could do the 100 mile trail run if they didn't fancy the bike ride :cool:

I like this bit in the rules:

Stopping for restaurant or pub meals is not permitted
:lol:

EEK, out of curiosity I looked at the results for the Duathlon.

Last year 2 out of 6 entrants finished, year before only 1 of 12 finished.

The DNF's obviously stopped in pubs for meals and never came out again, hence the new rule :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
EEK, out of curiosity I looked at the results for the Duathlon.

Last year 2 out of 6 entrants finished, year before only 1 of 12 finished.

The DNF's obviously stopped in pubs for meals and never came out again, hence the new rule :lol:
I might enter, finish in a week and get a podium!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I am a bird and Yes I do plan on finishing it...........how long I cant say yet, guess I'll have to find out. Come on guys wheres the vote of confidence. And like roadrunnerrob said, for those people who do not fancy the duathlon there is the run alone.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yes I am a bird and Yes I do plan on finishing it...........how long I cant say yet, guess I'll have to find out. Come on guys wheres the vote of confidence. And like roadrunnerrob said, for those people who do not fancy the duathlon there is the run alone.
do you work for ambition events ?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

You sound really familiar..... do you have an English relative called Catalina?!?

Actually I am trying to find something for a group of us from work - not quite as hard as this, but its got me thinking... I think there was a Braveheart Challenge thing which some colleagues once did ... going to have a Friday afternoon Google!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts