Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone doe this race, im considering doin it.
just wondering, is there a water station on the route, or will i have to take a bottle.
and secondly, how is the timing done, from the pics ive seen there are no chips involved, does this mean i will have to time myself?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well done Chris... great time!

I've not heard of that race, where is it?

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
its in liverpool, its a running club that organises it, but its an open race, very well organised too http://www.pennylanestriders.co.uk/.

im chuffed wit my time, but found out my nike+ ipod is 0.8km out
Congratulations on a fantastic time.

The Nike+ calculates distance using a pedometer and accelerometer and some clever maths. Unless your stride and pace are exact all the time it will never be perfect, but is a good indicator for the money. 0.8 is accurate enough in my book over 10K

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Congratulations on a fantastic time.

The Nike+ calculates distance using a pedometer and accelerometer and some clever maths. Unless your stride and pace are exact all the time it will never be perfect, but is a good indicator for the money. 0.8 is accurate enough in my book over 10K
0.8km out over 10k doesn't sound that great to me....10% approx differential.:confused:

Admit it's still a useful tool though.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
0.8km out over 10k doesn't sound that great to me....10% approx differential.:confused:

Admit it's still a useful tool though.

I agree it is no good for timing a race distance, but for logging training and seeing whether you have run 1 or three miles it is fine.

There is a slight delay on start and finish when you press the button so that can put you a few yards out. Plus in a race you don't always run the measured race line so there are a few more yards. Lastly you vary your stride for hills and pace as you tire, both of which can affect the measurement.

There is a reason why it is only 40 quid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts