Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if Im being personal but when you started running for the first time did you find that your periods changed or became irregular in anyway, some months I dont know whether Im coming or going.

Shaz

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
no, not really... unless the running takes your weight too low. Are you getting enough iron? you need a little more if your running.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Trinity,

I started running on a treadmill about a year ago and outside on the roads since January but in the last 3 months they have been getting heavier and heavier.

I have lost about three and half stone in this time and still losing.

So you think I should increase my Iron intake.

I going to see my doctor on Monday so it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Shaz

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
it could be that your iron level is low.

That's an amazing amount of weight to lose though... has it come off very gradually? Because a sharp loss in weight can also affect you hormones

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its taken me about 17 months to lose that much weight. I have done it very slowly and ive manage to keep it off and Im still losing weight but I wont be happy until Ive lost at least another 2 stone, then I will be happy.

Like I say Im going to the doctors on monday it will be interesting to see what he has to say

Thanks for listening to me drone on

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well good luck Sharon

I'm sure it's just something simple.

Well done for the weight loss!! Fantastic achievement :) I'm interested to know, what weight did you start off at?

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Hi sharon Before everyone jumps on my back for replying in this thread ,me being a bloke and all ..

Ican't help with the periods ,but i just wanted to say as Trin did thats a fantastic achievment !!

Very well done indeed !!:d

Cheriton

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks you guys X

Trinity I will PM you my weight

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Got the PM thanx, and replied :)

Guys... I'm not going to say anything about the content of Sharon's PM, but this lady is inspirational!!

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Trinity said:
Got the PM thanx, and replied :)

Guys... I'm not going to say anything about the content of Sharon's PM, but this lady is inspirational!!
I agree Trin i've been in contact with Shaz a couple of times and what she "IS ACHIEVING" is remarkable. Go Girl.:) :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Well Sharon congratulations is in order, you know this will have made people very curious???

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
twinkle toes said:
Well Sharon congratulations is in order, you know this will have made people very curious???
From little acorns springs to mind Twinks!!;)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Mighty Oaks...............................

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Guys,

Sorry didnt reply to post earlier been at work all weekend.

Put it this way, I was very overweight to begin with but now Im not so overweight but still need to lose about two stone.

Been to the doctors he has given me some tablets to thin the periods out, so hopefully this will work.

Sharon

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Weight loss is such an achievement and i always say to people it always stays with you forever, the paranoia of putting it back on, i lost 4 stone in 2000 and still eat as i am dieting BUT i shouldnt as running uses a lot of calories and you have to fuel yourself correctly... if you are a fussy eater like me, getting yourself balanced with vitamins is vital, i had a blood test last week as i kept going faint.

Thank god my results were normal, BUT i do have an ear infection which is why i keep going light headed etc..

I suffer with iron diffency and take a one a day supplement now.

Well done Sharon i can only imagine its an amazing amount of weightloss

Leece

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Done Leece thats an amazing amount of weight loss, thankfully I have managed to keep my weight off and like you say you worry that the weight will creep back on

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
it will always stick with you but its not a bad thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts