Runners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 5572 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
anyone else noticed that if they're out on a hard run and try to say 'hi' or 'thanks' or something, that the air always seems to come out the lungs quicker than expected? This usually means my kind words have a bit of a grunt to them :lol:

I'll thank someone who restrains their dog, but I have to admit if they're walking it in a public place it is (in my opinion) their responsibility to keep it out of others' way. If i'm running hard intervals around the local park, the last thing I want is to have to break my stride to skip around dogs wandering all over the shop.

I usually stay on a treadmill since I got my gym membership (Which I LOVE), and if I am outside I'm on trails so I don't see as many people as I would elsewhere...however yeah, I notice that. What I do is I give a small wave and a smile :)

Another pet-peeve of mine, when I used to run on the sidewalks: People who would shout things from their car, or beep their horn at me.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I usually stay on a treadmill since I got my gym membership (Which I LOVE), and if I am outside I'm on trails so I don't see as many people as I would elsewhere...however yeah, I notice that. What I do is I give a small wave and a smile :)

Another pet-peeve of mine, when I used to run on the sidewalks: People who would shout things from their car, or beep their horn at me.
Just think of it as envy :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just think of it as envy :)

He he, that would be a nice thought. But, I was quite a bit heavier when I used to run along the sidewalk, so I always assumed they were doing it in jest - over seeing a fat girl out for a run.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Originally Posted by richardsimkiss
anyone else noticed that if they're out on a hard run and try to say 'hi' or 'thanks' or something, that the air always seems to come out the lungs quicker than expected? This usually means my kind words have a bit of a grunt to them
:lol: So true! I either sound like a 14 yr old who's voice has just broken or some dirty perv :confused:

No matter what it sounds like it is always a heart warmer to get a smile and wave. We should start a campaign.......

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
:lol: So true! I either sound like a 14 yr old who's voice has just broken or some dirty perv :confused:

No matter what it sounds like it is always a heart warmer to get a smile and wave. We should start a campaign.......
I tend to just wave or smile, otherwise will end making an idiot of myself ha ha

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Hot female runners in short shorts who run so slowly that I cannot lag behind and just admire the view. I wish they would run at a decent pace ;)

Sorry if this makes me sound sexist and superficial, but there are some seriously sexy female runners in Edinburgh (especially around Arthur's seat).

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
you should set up a singles running night, bit like they used to in the supermarkets or do they still do that :happy:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Hot female runners in short shorts who run so slowly that I cannot lag behind and just admire the view. I wish they would run at a decent pace ;)

Sorry if this makes me sound sexist and superficial, but there are some seriously sexy female runners in Edinburgh (especially around Arthur's seat).
Not more nice bums!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I've been seriously searching for a social running group in Edinburgh (not just to meet hot single women, but to get out and run with people), but there aren't any here. I just want a relaxed club that runs on weekends, but the few I have found are either serious clubs, university clubs and/or seem to run on weekday evenings. Maybe I should try to set something up.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Do you know enough people to get a little club together, that would be a great idea.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I've been seriously searching for a social running group in Edinburgh (not just to meet hot single women, but to get out and run with people), but there aren't any here. I just want a relaxed club that runs on weekends, but the few I have found are either serious clubs, university clubs and/or seem to run on weekday evenings. Maybe I should try to set something up.

Do you think you could get one or two of the owners of the hot bums to join? I might even move south to run!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
What a coincidence!

I'm thinking of opening up a running club EXCLUSIVELY to meet hot single women.

:d

·
Registered
466 Posts
Who are these attractive lady runners who always manage to look so lovely when running?? They glide by with no sweat patches, no red-face and still managing to look gorgeous. Now I don't know how they do it because after my warm-up I am caked in sweat with a red-face and smelling like a rotten cheese sandwich....

·
Registered
378 Posts
Don't think this is an actual peeve, just something that's really annoying.
But, cars (or buses) that purposely drive through a puddle or water channel to soak you.

Admittedly this usually happens when it's raining and you are therefore already wet but still... my socks don't need to be any wetter thanks.:notrust:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Happened to me last week or the week before.
A sodding great bus flew down the bus lane and drenched me.
I was already wet but even so. Its not fun.

And this is me who likes running in the rain :lol:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Damn dogs..... I had to stop twice because people didnt keep their dogs under control, whats wrong with showing a little courtesy and keeping their dog back for a second or two while I pass?! I had a rubbish jog tonight because of peoples selfishness

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Just now my biggest peeve is Umbrellas!!! I hate the things! As if the pavements arent narrow enough but all of a sudden people take up 3 times the spare they require and it never small umbrellas people have, they feel the need to use those massive golf umbrellas!!!!

Im 6ft 2 and the number of times I need to either duck or walk along the road just to get past someone with a huge brolly in one day is 1 too many times...and then they wonder why Im muttering under my breath at them!

Grrrrr............

O.

21 - 40 of 5572 Posts