Runners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 5572 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hot female runners in short shorts who run so slowly that I cannot lag behind and just admire the view. I wish they would run at a decent pace ;)

Sorry if this makes me sound sexist and superficial, but there are some seriously sexy female runners in Edinburgh (especially around Arthur's seat).
God there are a lot of pervy men in Edinburgh - my male friend who also runs round Arthurs seat is always on about the hot female runners. I am female but not of the hot variety:'( It is a mystery how they maintain their hotness when I look like some sort of minging red sweaty beast. What really annoys me is that so many of them are faster than me:mad:

I've also noticed that there don't seem to be any friendly clubs round here, all the ones I've found on the internet sound a bit scary.

·
Registered
25 Posts
One thing that always makes me think is when I'm running along a road, and any number of cars go past and I'm fine, but when a bus (usually empty) goes past I cough up a lung! They're a disgrace - especially with all the stop-starting they do, belching out black smoke..

And we're supposed to be abandoning our cars for these things???? No thanks!
I'll drive an electric or hydrogen car by all means, but PLEASE don't make me use the bus!

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
I have also noticed the ladies who run around Arthurs seat :) Looking forward to getting out and around 'the seat' again soon. I may have passed you guys or more likely, you guys have passed me.

O.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
One of my peeves is the way folks just stand in your way and make no effort to move to the side.....don't they know I'm the most important person on the footpath!!!

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Another peeve I have is the number of people who think that standing in the door way of a bar is far enough away to smoke! You need to now hold your breath and walk through the smoke to get in to the pub, also, all the nice places to eat which have outdoor seating are now the smoking zone which means the non-smokers now have to sit instead.....I reckon we should just ban smoking in all public places including pavements.....if you want to smoke, do it in your own house instead of filling my lungs with your smoke!!! *Takes grump man hat off*

O.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
God there are a lot of pervy men in Edinburgh - my male friend who also runs round Arthurs seat is always on about the hot female runners. I am female but not of the hot variety:'( It is a mystery how they maintain their hotness when I look like some sort of minging red sweaty beast. What really annoys me is that so many of them are faster than me:mad:

I've also noticed that there don't seem to be any friendly clubs round here, all the ones I've found on the internet sound a bit scary.
I'm really not a pervy man :p

I agree with you on the running clubs seeming a bit scary. I really just want to a nice, freidnly social running group that goes for a run or two on weekends with people of all abilities. I am a fast runner, but would be happy to go at a nice gentle pace in a running group. I can't seem to find any groups that cater for this on the internet. It's annoying. There are groups for virtually every other activity, but for running there only seem to be official sports clubs that I'm not really into.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Now I wave and/or smile at any runner I see on my route but am a little wary or doing this when I see lady runners especially younger runners incase they think I'm some pervert who's sole reason for popping his trainers on is to ogle women runners.

So if some bloke does smile please don't assume he's a pervert, unless of course his eyes are affixed anywhere but your eyes!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts

How do I get to Arthur's seat?:lol:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Another pet peeve is men with far too muscular torsos running with their tops off and shades on, thinking they are the shit. I just roll my eyes and speed past them at full throttle and see if they can take the pace ;) They never can. They are all show and no game :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
A case of "drive for show, putt for dough"!
HAHA! Brilliant quote! Brings back amusing golfing memories!

Also, from the world of motorcycling: All the gear, no idea. Said of 40 something bank managers with squared off rear types and pristine knee sliders - and a 22 grand foggy rep Ducati!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Not the best of photos sorry.

These cows were just wandering around on a total oopen track ie no gates or fences at either end free to go where they please.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
The one standing in the path was the smaller one and it was almost as high to the shoulder as I am tall! Big buggers!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I did a xc race a year back and had to stop as a flock of sheep ran straight across my path..........

.......muttered something about lamb shanks!!

41 - 60 of 5572 Posts