Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just been announced that at the March meeting of the Road Runners Club they decided to cancel this year's London to Brighton Road Race.

Maybe it's not too late to change their minds... please sign to have it reinstated for us Ultra runners, who want to experience one of the UK's greatest ultra race

Trinity

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a real shame and has been on the cards for some time. I don't think it is really a question of petitioning the RRC to get it going again. It needs a lot of organising and there doesn't seem to be enough people keen enough to take over. Personally I think it needs to be pushed to a larger audience with some investment from an established profit making race promoter, don't ask me who though, maybe Human Race. With the right handling it could become a popular step up for those doing FLM and other marathons. Maybe get old red ken involved, he seems to like promoting the 'extreme' sports.

Having said that, if it was just the case of petitioning then I would sign as many times as they would let me.:)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
That is a shame.
I'm not surprised really as it is a nightmare to organise and the marshalling is also horrendous. The point at the top of the beacon is an accident waiting to happen. How no one has been run over I will never know!
Sad day for Ultra running in the UK and worldwide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts