Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of to see the physio again tonight. I have been doing my exercises every day, and I have noticed a diffrence. But there is one I cant do, which is standing on one leg with my eye's shut:huh: It's really difficult. But I guess the more I try the better I become.

I hope he gives me more to do to help my knee.

Will report back later.
*heads off to the garden to check on the veggies*

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Good luck ! - glad you have begun to notice a difference.

I was given some exercises for a knee injury a while back and always fell over when I did the standing on one leg with my eye's shut - wonder why ??

Bizarre.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Granty said:
Good luck ! - glad you have begun to notice a difference.

I was given some exercises for a knee injury a while back and always fell over when I did the standing on one leg with my eye's shut - wonder why ??

Bizarre.
Was told to do that exercise for my ankle it's more dangous than helpful i think. I mean to stand one footed on a weak leg and on top of that you fall over! I think these Physios are just wanting a good laugh when they give that exercise to people! :d

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wobble boards are priceless for balance training

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
littlered said:
Of to see the physio again tonight. I have been doing my exercises every day, and I have noticed a diffrence. But there is one I cant do, which is standing on one leg with my eye's shut:huh: It's really difficult. But I guess the more I try the better I become.

I hope he gives me more to do to help my knee.

Will report back later.
*heads off to the garden to check on the veggies*
So how are the veggies doing littlered?:)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Veggies are doing fine thanks, but the slugs ate my pepper:mad: dam slugs are everywhere. I love growing my own veg it's really rewarding:d

On another note physio canceled again:mad: :mad: So now I am left not knowing what to do next?? Do I carry on running 1.7K 4 day a week and do the exercises or am I to increase to 1.9K I dont know!!

Knee is not sore but it does not feel right thats how I can explain it.

To be honest I'm a bit miffed I have had 3 appoitments with this guy and have only seen hime once.

Is it time to find another physio?

What do you think?

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
littlered said:
Veggies are doing fine thanks, but the slugs ate my pepper:mad: dam slugs are everywhere. I love growing my own veg it's really rewarding:d

On another note physio canceled again:mad: :mad: So now I am left not knowing what to do next?? Do I carry on running 1.7K 4 day a week and do the exercises or am I to increase to 1.9K I dont know!!

Knee is not sore but it does not feel right thats how I can explain it.

To be honest I'm a bit miffed I have had 3 appoitments with this guy and have only seen hime once.

Is it time to find another physio?

What do you think?
Suppose it depends how bad your knee feels bit difficult to quantify Ito have a knee prob that doesn't feel right felt od when i started my 10mile run yesterday but has felt fine all day ,wierd .

Have you tried half an upturned grapefruit after eating the contents of course,

Another thing you could try is sacrificial planting grow something that the slugs absolutely love like lettuce seedlings near the pepper plant i've found this to work in the past .

Do you use slug pellets? When i lived iin my other place had a huge garden and grew everything organically no pellets or chemicals of any sort . it took about four years for the balance of the ecosystem to sort itself out ,but the frogs and toads and other willdlife that used to teem into the garden naturally predated on the nastiees.

Ladybirds for the aphids, frogsand hedgehogs for the slugs and so on .

I saved a fortune not buying chemicals and if you can get the plants and soil as healthy as possible it makes a huge difference ..

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
cheriton said:
Suppose it depends how bad your knee feels bit difficult to quantify Ito have a knee prob that doesn't feel right felt od when i started my 10mile run yesterday but has felt fine all day ,wierd .

Have you tried half an upturned grapefruit after eating the contents of course,

Another thing you could try is sacrificial planting
LOL... I'd just read this far before I realised that you'd changed from knees to slugs! :huh:

Upturned grapefruit for bad knees?!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
That's not very good LR, when I was seeing my physio never had an appointment cancelled, I would look for another.

Talking of home grown veg and fruit I picked my first strawberry today, can't wait for the rest to go from green to red now :p

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
I think i may try it Mr P you never know <exits to check the contents of fruit bowl>
Well i'm sitting here with two halves of a grapefruit strapped to my knees with insulation tape .I didn't know if blue or black tape would make me look more distinguished so i've gone for blue tape on the left and black on the right.

Just have to think how i can try sacrificially planting them now :confused: Perhaps i'll wait for my daughter and her boyfriend to come home they may be able to help.

I think i'll draw some smiley faces on em so as not to scare the young uns:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts