Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment with a physio on monday evening, this is about my knee problem.
So I'll keep you updated how it went.

He was reccomended by my boss who is a runner.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Physio has been cancelled till next Monday.
I'm fed up with not running I went for a walk, now sitting with a bag of frozen peas on my knee. Thats the most I've done since Wed night.
I've not had any painkillers today, and knee was feeling ok.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Indeed... chin up and take it easy :) Hopefully the physio can put you back on the road to full health.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the knee injury? Where's it come from? (i've not been online lately :()

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I spoke to the physio he suggested a medial ligament sprain, everthing I have read suggests a knock to the knee but I have not had such an injury.

Feels better today I have been doing lots of streching at work (got funny looks off people) and I think that has helped. Also been on my feet all day and knee is feeling fine.

It's not feeling so tight when I bend it. And am able to lock my knee now. Not been ablt to go for a walk tonight but will go tomorrow and will take it from there.

I hope it heals and I can get back to running.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well been for a brisk walk, and knee is sore but not as sore as it has been:d
Got ice on it now, and that will help. Even with out seeing the physio I feel it's getting better, I am now not so worried about not running. The way I see it what ever happens I will be running the Edinburgh marathon next year.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saw the physio today, and the problem was my medial ligament. I slightly pronounce on my right foot ( not enough to get a special pair of running shoes) ans this has caused the problem with the ligament.

I have exercises to do to strenghthen the muscles arond my knee and legnethen the ligaments. I have not to run this week but to run next week. I have to go back to running 1.7K eveyother day and see how my knee is.

So good news is my knee will be fine with a little fine tuning I'll be running again real soon.

I'm so happy:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good news Littlered............

Pleased for you.....:d

1 - 15 of 15 Posts