Runners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone ever done the pier to pier before? I quite fancied it but do you think it'll be too soon for me because its only two weeks after my first 10k.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
When is it Stotty - I've heard of it but obviously not run if before but as I'm now living in the North West I'm looking for local races to enter. You could look on your 10k as a training run for the Pier to Pier run.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 7th October at 11am, you can enter on the day i think, so i was going to see how i managed the 10k before i decided.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i saw this one aswell, but i am doing another 10k on the same day now instead! just looked at last years info for it, it is all coastal so should be quite a good run i would have thought! ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh the only thing i'm worried about is running 15k on tarmac roads, i'm used to gravel tracks etc and my knees play up every now and again.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
coolerking said:
i saw this one aswell, but i am doing another 10k on the same day now instead! just looked at last years info for it, it is all coastal so should be quite a good run i would have thought! ;)
As long as its not too wet & windy.

Stotty - what shoes are you running in? Maybe you need a bit of extra cushioning when you are running on roads/pavements.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well when i started i went to a running shop at got fitted for a pair of Brooks but ive just bought a pair of Nike + so i can fit the training chip in and check my progress. I feel that they are much more comfy then my Brooks at the mo.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Which make of Nike shoes? Triax? Did you get these from a running shop?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure it says zoomair underneath them but ive got rid of the box now. No i didnt go to the running shop for them this time i bought them from jjb but they feel great the Brooks shoes started to make me sore on my inside heels not rubbing me but when i put my fingers over the sore bit it felt lumpy (gross i know) but since ive been using the others ive been ok.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have zoom air too, never use em, i now use adidas trail something or others, seem to be awesome! ;) do you use the nike+ website thigny to monitor your sessions and map your runs stotty?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive got all the kit but havent used it yet, not great on computers but i will give it a go soon and let you know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hehehe! it is quite good, there are challenges put up on there every so often for the most milleage done in our area over a month, i keep on coming 6th, im sure some people must put one their ipod on the dog! ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why how much mileage do you do in a month? If they have a challenge for the least i'd win hands down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i like to do about 20-30 a week if i can but sometimes its more and sometimes its less, depends on work etc!

this week, just done under 12!!!!!!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ran this race when there was a pier in Fleetwood, the route was very flat and followed the sea wall, for the most part the views was a little boring. Only down fall was a number of cyclist who was coming in the opposite direction. A great start to increasing the length of runs, I followed that one up with the Longridge 7, now thats a run and a half

1 - 16 of 16 Posts