Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my firstrun for ages today 2.2 miles and at the end i couldnt feel my feet and lower leg due to numbness. I also suffer from this when cycling and also in my hands when cycling but that was solved by gloves and different grips.
Is there any special insoles out there if so is there any shops in lancashire that i could get some advise from.
Thanks
Oggi

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Oggi

You might want to try lacing your shoes really loosely, or leaving the last pair of eyelets unlaced. There's a special insole that you heat up and it molds itself to the shape of your foot, which may help, I'll try and find what they were called. Or you could try a podiatrist, maybe something in your running posture is squeezing your feet somehow...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree with the advice re shoe lace loosening,it is amazing how it can affect your running.Methinks Oggi you may be suffering from what we used to call bikies bum,effected by seat pressure on sciatic nerve area.You may have cured it on the bike as you say,but it may still be showing up in the higher foot load running mode.Do you stretch your hips/hammies/bum area regularly,as a cyclist I would assume that you do,but just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts