Runners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive purchased a 2nd hand garmin forerunner 301. Ive installed the software on my pc, connected the device and installed the relevant drivers. but when I go to run the software it says

"As this is your first time using your garmin, please connect your device to the computer" so I connect it and nothing happens I click ok on that message and it just keeps coming up, so ive rebooted and tried again and still nothing.

Any help please???

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
does the display on the 301 acknowledge it's connected? normally it will say that it's charging (without you having to turn it on)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

just to let you know I had an older version of the TRaining software and now ive updated from the link posted above its now fine.

many thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol trust me at first it was close to being thrown.

I had a 101 but wanted the hrm so purchased this one cheap from auction site and after doing my Monday run I was very impressed with the device and the info once downloaded.

ive heard that this device works with several bits of software, does anyone know any other than sportracks and the training one supplied?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ive had a look on ebay at these are they worth it, the one i looked at was about £50 is that about right. Which is the best one for the least money if that makes sense?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stotty -

Im no expert so wouldnt like to say but I did have the 101 and found it a very good starter device, Ive since changed to the 301 and love it. I does everything I want, the data is downloadable so you can see where youve ran, what speed / pace, elevation and heart rate all along the trail so I am impressed. The only problem I found or find is that I live on an island (Portland , Dorset) and often run around the quaries and sometimes the gps signal is weak but on the roads it seems fine.

As I say I can only comments on these two but others may be able to give you more feedback on other options.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stotty the ebay price seems abit steep I think I paid £70 for my 301 and that was about 2 Months ago.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi thought id add some input on this thread.
What ever happened to the good old days of only ever needing a good pair off running shoes.
May be im old fashioned or out of touch (or just not as well off as you lot) but the only other running accessory i own is a 80 song mp3 player and that does it for me.
Im sure if i got given new equipment down the line id be hooked but ill stick to the bare essentials haha;)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I've got a garmin but no MP3 player!! What's been on the market for longer? Perhaps I'm more old fashioned than you Hayley!!:p

I remember the good ol' sony walkmans, but I think Steve used to run with a wax cylinder!:p

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
hot foot said:
I've got a garmin but no MP3 player!! What's been on the market for longer? Perhaps I'm more old fashioned than you Hayley!!:p

I remember the good ol' sony walkmans, but I think Steve used to run with a wax cylinder!:p
Haha Hot foot, sony walkmans bring back some memories, not sure i was about when wax cylinder was the in thing!!!:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts