Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Plymouth Half Marathon is to be held on Plymouth Hoe this Sunday, starting at 10am.
The Herald has just printed its supplement packed with information on the event. Visit the Herald's website at thisisplymouth to read the reports. Click news in the left hand menu, and then Half Marathon.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Had an absolutely dreadful race. Woke up yesterday feeling achey with sore throat but that has cleared up by this morning and I was feeling quite excited and positive at the start.

I made it to Saltram in just under an hour and I dumped my base layer with my husband. I was really struggling to keep my HR down and I ramped it up to 85%. I walked quite a bit of the second half and I crossed the finish line at 2:42 or there abouts.

I feel sick and I'm not sure I ever want to do another half again :-(.

Firsttmer how did you do?

Great even tho - really well organised.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
My chip time was 2:37:54 as it took about 5 mins to cross the start line and I'm more postive about that as its closer to what I was achieving in training and today I was taking lots of walk breaks so at full fitness should be able to do better.

I feel happier now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Plymouth Half.....!

Well, not shown my face on here for a while - kind of been in denial for the past few months that I was actually going to do it. However..... I managed to raise £1400 for Chicks, a local charity based in Tavistock who send deprived and under-privileged children on holiday. So, didn't really care how long it took me today, I know I was totally ill-prepared but I just wanted to finish. And I did! And..... I wasn't last!! Took it very steady, was a brilliant day, fabulous atmosphere, really supportive crowd and alot of fun. Has made me determined to start training properly and will definitely do it again next year. Don't ask me about my time - not important, but I'm chuffed to bits that I got there. Here's to the Tavy 7 and next years Half! Saw Firstimer, she looked like she did very well - sorry I've not been in touch - been a crazy few months!! Take care all and rest those feet! Littlemissp x

·
Registered
123 Posts
well done everybody - i did it as well not checked chip time yet but about 3hrs 3mins. which i'm pleased with very achy now though but running club disco tonight to look forward too.
sorry littlemissporter didn't see you, it was a fab day though wasn't it!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Well Done Littlemissporter And Firsttimer!!! You Can Probably Knock 5 Mins Off Your Gun Time For Your Chip Time.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well done to all of you! S.E. don't beat yourself up, if you were under par then it was going to be more difficult, just a shame when you train so hard. You are all doing better than me, I would still be making my way round now the way I have been running lately, not sure if I deserve a Garmin, my £3.50 watch seems more appropriate a the moment!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well done to all of you.

SE - sorry you were disappointed with your race - it must be frustrating after all the training, but sounds like you weren't feeling totally well to start off with. And if you can do that on a not so good day, you will be able to do EVEN better on a good day :d so expect you to be back there next year - no excuses!

Firsttimer - enjoy the running club disco - sure some dancing will help loosen those legs up again ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
just for the record chip time 3hrs 3mins 35 secs not quiet the sub 3hrs i was lokking for but i felt i did the best i could.
SE i also hard a sore throat and terrible ear ache for the last few nights but ok during the day- maybe it was the nerves!
still wearing medal- i dont think i am going to ever take it off!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I wonder if runing club discos are like school discos *shudder* what an awful thought. I'm sure you club disco will be lots of fun and a sophicated affair.

P.S. My face is sunburnt am I the only one?

Firstitmer -there has been a viral infection that has been doing the rounds. It starts with a sore throat, then shivers & aches and lasts about 48 hrs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
SE great news then do i have the aches and shivers to look forward to !
Maybe a few drinks tonight will kill it off.
As for the disco, this is my first one and i have been told they are not to be missed great fun and at least i can show my medal off, i think there may have been a few doubters that i would do it so it will be nice to prove them wrong, and i wasn't the last club member- hooray!!
Jersey in November here i come!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done to the three of you.

Go out tonight,have a few drinks and tell everybody how good you feel about yourselves.

Be loud and proud,and look forward to your next race.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Don't think I could make it past the front door Dave. No pizza in tonight with hubby.

Firsttimer - Enjoy tonight. Jersey there is no stopping you. My next races are a couple of 10Ks a much more comfortable distance.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well done to you all!!

Plymouth is one of those races that I want to do just once... missed the entries this year and it was full, so maybe next year.

SE.... Rich and I always have the 'pizza reward' after a race too ;)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yeah do it Trinity its a really well organised event with lots of support and it would great to meet you and Rich.

After my wibbles I think I will do it again next year - a club friend wants to enter as well. She's talking about starting training now!!!!!

I'm going to go for a swim today.

·
Registered
123 Posts
feeling a little stiff this morning.
Not sure if thats the running or dancing!
someone fron club mentioned that next year they are thinking of doing a 2 lap race around the town centre. I definately would n't miss that Saltram hill!
We will have to wait and see what happens, but i intend to be there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well done, I just checked my chip time and it was hours and 7 minuts which I am really pleased about as I only started training in January!!

Looking forward to next years!!

Jo

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
How many hours Jo?

I hope they don't change the course I like going through Saltram and I'm not overly keen on 2 lap courses. Saying that I decided the only way yo get over my half marathon demons is to do another one as soon as possible so I've just posted an entry off for the Torbay Half, which is a two lap course.

Fingers crossed its not full yet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts