Runners Forum banner

Plymouth Hoe 10

4K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  twinkle toes 
#1 · (Edited)
I did it in 1 hrs 54 so broke the target 2 hr barrier and managed to maintain a 11 min/mile pace.Last two miles were the hardest but managed to muster enough energy for a sort of sprint finish. Got a big blister on my right heel probably because I put shock absorbing insoles under my orthotics so my ankle kept slipping about - silly girl.

#27 ·
firsttimer said:
Thanks to everyone for the advice.
I have entered the 5k saltram run on the 18th and only after this saw the 10k which would have been more of a challenge but at the 5k you can go round as many times as you like so i will just have to go round twice!!
SE thanks for the club at Marjons that would be perfect for me as i live in Mainstone, so i have sent them an email and fingers crossed i will fit in there.
When i did the Brooks run i found it easier running with others i just have to be brave and join.
Good luck with your race firsttimer. Of course another way to get faster is to just race a lot!

#28 ·
firsttimer said:
Thanks to everyone for the advice.
I have entered the 5k saltram run on the 18th and only after this saw the 10k which would have been more of a challenge but at the 5k you can go round as many times as you like so i will just have to go round twice!!
SE thanks for the club at Marjons that would be perfect for me as i live in Mainstone, so i have sent them an email and fingers crossed i will fit in there.
When i did the Brooks run i found it easier running with others i just have to be brave and join.
Good Luck Firsttimer :d

#30 ·
firsttimer said:
I ran with some of their ladies at the Plymouth Hoe 10 - I think you should fit in really well as they seemed like a friendly bunch. I noticed they go out on a Sunday morning. Most days I enjoy my solo runs but sometimes it would be nice to go out with others.

#33 ·
Firstimer good luck but I'm sure you will be fine and made to feel really welcome. Being part of a club really encourages you I had loads of people coming up to me last night congratulating me on my race on Sunday - I felt like I'd come first!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.