Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am new to this forum so a big HELLO.

I have found a great Podcast called Podrunner. The bloke produces hour long sets of electronic music at fixed Beats Per Minutes. I have found it an excellent way to maintain and then increase my running rate.

At present using 160bpm to try and get under my 10k target of 45mins.

Cheers All

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
As Technium has said, yup they are free and if you have Itunes on your PC just go to the Itunes store and search for Podrunner. Free to download and a new one every week. I don't run with music but found it a nice change for the commute in to work on the train.

O.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have been using these for a while now and am currently using the Freeway To 10k training podcast, which is a Steve Boyet production.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ive downloaded a few of these and tried them out - anything less that 175 bpm is too slow - I found 179 bpm ideal for me and the rythm can become hypnotic at times - i ran yesterday and was concentrating on keeping pace with the music that i reached the top of one of the hills i usually dread barely noticing it - Plus the slower ones are great for getting you off to sleep at night!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Ive downloaded a few of these and tried them out - anything less that 175 bpm is too slow - I found 179 bpm ideal for me and the rythm can become hypnotic at times - i ran yesterday and was concentrating on keeping pace with the music that i reached the top of one of the hills i usually dread barely noticing it
I listen to the podrunner tracks quite often when I'm running (sometimes I don't want music at all) and I really like them. I skip over the intro where he, quite reasonably, encourages donations and purchases from his site in order to support their continued production. At the moment I can't really afford it and I've found that purchasing goods from the USA usually leads to import duty and/or exorbitant postal charges that at least doubles the price paid.

I find that the 150bpm range is nice for me and 175 too fast. But that's what's great about it, you can pick the track that matches how you feel at the time. I've sometimes started with a slowish one but felt that, once it finished, I'd like to follow with a faster one. On a few occasions where I've still been going after the end of the second track a slow one has been the most I've been able to handle.

Plus the slower ones are great for getting you off to sleep at night!
Now that I can't understand. It is now 2am, I've had three pints of beer, but if I started listening to anything like a podrunner track I'd not want to sleep but get out and run!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts