Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( :( :( :( :(

I am not very well at the mo, started feeling very, very dodgy on Monday night after a funeral (I don't think the funeral had anything to do with it!)

I've got some bad ass virus I think and I am lying around like 'a wet dish rag' as my mother would say.

I am still not quite right now. How long should I leave it till I get back outside and running again?? I have only just started running the last couple of weeks and I am a bit frustrated to be laid up already, but don't want to go back to soon if this is just going to set me back further.

The Minx

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
You've got a bad virus in your ass? :eek: (sorry couldn't resist!)

Well the good news is that you're not injured, just under the weather. As for when to start running again, there's no definitive answer and opinions vary across the forum. Go out again as and when you want to, I tend to find if I'm well enough to walk around the house I can manage a jog of some sort.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yeah, generally speaking, I find the happiness that running brings me actually helps recovery. You have to be realistic though and if you're immune system has taken a beating it's a good idea to take it easy at first, don't push yourself out there, but yeah, when you're well enough to be up and about in general, just get out there, and drink plenty of fluids and blah blah....

:d Hope you feel better soon!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts