Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone else out there who can't seem to get the miles in?

I was hoping to get through the winter on about 25/30 mpw but with nights out, christmas shopping, taxiing the kids and hideous weather I am lucky to break into double figures.
I think I may have to start running in the mornings before work:eek:

flakey

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I've been down on mine for about 4 weeks now...hence no training recorded. Will pick up if I get a club FLM place...won't if I don't!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Oh thank goodness i thought it was only me and i was feeling terribly guilty, thanks guys youv'e cheered me up no end. Roll on the New Year and the incentive to get out and about again to get rid of all the extra food and drink!!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I am having a bit of trouble too, feeling soooo very tired, have been keeping myself awake thinking about training runs what a fruit cake, but have entered for two 1/2 marathons Feb and March so had better pull my finger out :eek:

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
flakey said:
Is there anyone else out there who can't seem to get the miles in?

I was hoping to get through the winter on about 25/30 mpw but with nights out, christmas shopping, taxiing the kids and hideous weather I am lucky to break into double figures.
I think I may have to start running in the mornings before work:eek:

flakey
Mines down too.
I drive a taxi but don't have kids to put in it,done the shopping and the weather has been quite kind in general.
I don't know what to use as my excuse.:eek:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Flakey, I've only recently started running before work a couple of mornings a week. Didn't fancy the thought of it, but with working late and time of year etc was missing to much training. I've found it's actually OK, and you feel bright as a button by the time you get to work.

·
Registered
231 Posts
OK - so here is the other side of the story! I upped my mileage in the last three weeks (and no, compared to most of you, it's still low because I'm still just a beginner). I went from 4 days a week to 5 days a week with three of those as tough (for me) interval days. Result? My muscles are overly tired and are not having enough time to recover. Plus I'm starting to develop a niggle in my hip. :(

So now, I've had to cut back down too, and take things at a slower pace. Boo hoo.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
My mileage has dropped over the past two weeks - but nothing to do with Christmas.
After 16 months of thinking about it my local council decided to fit seven new window frames to my house - at the coldest, windiest, wettest time of the year so far. And I live on top of a hill, 650ft up in the Pennines facing north west!
The joiner pulled away plaster board revealing damp in the wall cavity resulting in visits from the plumber and building inspector. They can't resolve where the water is coming from, so I've still got a gaping hole above the kitchen window with a bucket under to catch water - and it looks like it will be there over Christmas!
After a week of that they sent the painter along who, of course, required all the windows (22 of them) to be opened to paint. It took him over a week to complete everything, so I've been wandering around with about six layers of clothing.
So I was only able to run a couple of times last weekend - 14 miles over the fells on Saturday and a steady 4 miles with my partner on Sunday. So I'm not really in very good form for the Travellers '6' race this coming Sunday. I'll blame Kirklees Council if I lose!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Sounds to me like most of you have just found an excuse to be lazy...........:d

1 - 15 of 15 Posts