Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but am desperately in need of help. I am a 28GG, and cannot find a single sports bra that fits me without me having to modify it. I have bought a 32J from bravissimo but had to make the back size smaller and cut and re stitch the straps. Please please does anyone know where I can get any bras i'm fed up of having to DIY my bras.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi there, wish i had your problem large breasts haha
No on a serious note my sister runs and had a breast enlargement last year to a size D so not as large as your self but she uses company called Enell sports bras, its online so have a look it might be of some use .
Your a brave girl running with those in front of you think id fall on my face haha
Good luck any way if its no good let me know as i know she uses others but ill have to catch her and ask Hayley

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm only 22, and i've not had them enlarged they're unfortunately natural. Was going to get the reduced but too risky and too expensive. I'm having massive problems with breathing when running, I have to wear a bra that's slightly too big (very painful when boobs are so big), two very very tight tops to stop them bouncing, overall I think i could run a heck of a lot faster if I wasn't being crushed under the weight.

As for ennell, i've got the bra's they sell in my size (all have had to be modified!!), if there is a bra maker out there please hear my cry, it's unfair, because i'm a size 10, and very very active, but with big boobs it's tough, it makes me depressed and i'm getting fed up with it.

Sorry about that, it's just that people always come up to me and say I wish I had your boobs, but it's impossible to dress nicely, do proper exercise with out a massive amount of effort.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi road runner, sorry to hear what you have to say, but if your really that unhappy then maybe you should consider going to the g.p and asking to have them reduced on nhs.
I know they really do consider these cases seriously, and the risk with op's is there with what ever you have done. My sister had a really hard time with her op, she paid over £5000 and went bupa, but still had some complications was in hospital for a week and recovered very slowly to the norm, but to this day she would do it all over again, because being a size 12/14 and a small 34b she was really unhappy with her shape, that was what she wanted so you have to be 100% sure.
Maybe just look into it and get some info on this kind of procedure so you can be sure about what you want.
Sorry i cant help you any more good luck Hayley

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Road Runner

Have you tried Lessbounce.com? they sell a range of bras, I haven't bought anything from them, but their website looks very promising. I was a 34DD when I started running and that was hard enough finding a bra with support, but running has reduced them to a 32D, so not as painfull as they were!!

Good Luck
Jo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was given the go ahead for a reduction on the NHS, but both my brothers are doctors and they told me not to have it done (with MRSA etc etc). I am also only 9 stone and 5'4, and both the BUPA and NHS plastic surgeon said I should NOT loose any more weight.

So I really am stuck between a rock and a hard place, I love running but cannot find the appropriate attire, which then increases the risk of an injury. I've have scoured the internet for years looking for bras, and got so fed up i eventually paid over £300 for a handmade Rigby and Peller bra.

Anyway, I'm managing at the moment, but if anyone does see any big big sports bras, give me a shout!! The thing is with sports bras, they do come up small, so I would have to wear a 28J, instead of my normal 28GG size.

Thanks for all the help though ladies I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
road_runner said:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but am desperately in need of help. I am a 28GG, and cannot find a single sports bra that fits me without me having to modify it. I have bought a 32J from bravissimo but had to make the back size smaller and cut and re stitch the straps. Please please does anyone know where I can get any bras i'm fed up of having to DIY my bras.

Cheers
Hi, I am at work now and I cant get on to shopping sites so will have to recall from memory! I bought a sportsjock bra from boobydoo or something like that on line. I seem to recall that the bras came in stages ie one bra fitted 28 - 30 the next from 30-34 etc with no cup sizes. I bought one and its great. Am not your size though but its worth a look

·
Registered
470 Posts
Road runner, a friend of mine had a similar problem with horseriding - especially when showjumping!!

Her solution was to use an elasticated bandage (available from most tack shops) and literally strap them down. I know it sounds strange but it worked. She was about the same height as you but a little heavier. It also helped for fitting into show jackets etc.

She would finish the wrapping under her boobs then tuck the end under one of the layers and use some electric tape to tape around under her boobs to secure (not too tight!!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts