Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have experienced a big problem with the belt that comes with a computerised watch for running . I have a Polar watch and the belt is the correct fit for me, however, it has torn the skin on my chest quite badly when I wear it. So much so, that I now have an open wound after running yesterday with it on. My question is: has anyone ever experienced this before and can it be worn over a t-shirt?

Thanks in advance,Marjorie

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I have a Polar watch and the belt is the correct fit for me

Without seeing it - we can't really tell for sure, but if it is causing an open wound I would suggest that the above statement is plain wrong.

The belts are usually adjustable so try loosening it off a bit, or tightening if its not tight enough and riding up and down whilst running. If that doesn't work I'd suggest placement is wrong.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
when you say torn is that from a sharp edge on the plastic or just friction from running??

either way it dosnt sound nice

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
once it's healed try using an anti chaffing cream like brave soldier or lanacane even vaseline.

If the wound is where the centre of your strap goes it may be ok to wear a plaster over it as the heart rate sensors on a garmin strap are on the front sides, I'm not sure about polar ones though.

Women can buy a certain type of sports bra that your heart rate strap will slide in to. Maybe this would be an option if it persists.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reponses. It's caused by friction from running. I'm going to try the bra option - I think I'll go back to the shop with it and explain what the problem is.
Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts