Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sort of drinks do people use after a hard session? I'm just finishing off my chocolate rego bumper pack adn the taste prevents me buying it again.:eek:

So what shall I try next?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got some chocolate-flavour protein powder-type thing from myprotein.co.uk. 28g of protein per 30g of dry product. I take 3 spoonfuls, bung in mixer with milk, a banana and some honey, and voila!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rego chocolate isn't great. Had better luck with the Strawberry. I rate the SIS. As an alternative play around with the High 5 Vanilla Protein recovery - mix with skimmed milk and put in fresh banana and/or strawberries to make a smoothy. Lovely.

·
Registered
77 Posts
SiS electrolyte drink is great and then sit down and have a quick meal,Tuna sarnie Muller Rice does me

The best protein powder I found was Maxi-Muscles line Promax easy to mix and doesnt taste of chemicals

·
Registered
207 Posts
After weights I have a dextrose/ maltodextrin/ whey protein shake with milk. Cheap as chips.

Branded stuff is massively over-hyped and overpriced imo, better spending the cash on good food.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Met-Rx was always popular back when I was a lad. Something to do with the efficacy of assimilation/biological value. Its got 20 or so grams of carbs and added doo dahs that you might want to check out though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts