Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would share my views and experience with these new shoes. I've had these now for two month's and have only done 4 fast runs in them, the first started out as a 5:50 pace 4 miler after the first mile and a half I knew there was no chance and these were not a true racing flat compared to my Vaporflys, Nike Ekidens, Adizero PR's or even Asics speedsters, they were just too hard and stiff on the fore foot and along with their rigidity caused a more like foot slap then a soft landing, the web design is totally wrong for a race shoe and the rubber compound is too hard, the softer rubber in the heal section would be much better. After the run parts of the web had come away I knew then this was a gimmick design, fixed with supper glue the next run was a tread mill pryamid session once again these shoes proved too hard and inflexible to be fast. Two more runs followed with little change in the shoes performance and with still more of the web tread coming away I knew these shoes were destined only to be worn with jeans, the colour looks smart. If your thinking of buying these shoes please only do so if you like the colour as they are too hard to be a fast responsive racing shoe and the web design will not last long with fast running. Look else where for a race shoe.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Nice post mickeyduff, and a nice time too! Something for me to aim for ;)

What are your favoured racing shoe then? I've always been an asics fan, and race in the DS Racers, but i've not had any experience of any other racing shoes - I think the likes of the mayfly may lack the support I require (since my right foot overpronates)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My favourite racing shoes at the minute are the Nike Vaporfly 150grams (Do Running web site £19:99) great racing shoe at that price and they offer more cushioning and a softer ride then the Mayfly, Fast training/race shoe Nike Ekiden 195grams (Magicfeet web site £20), both these shoes are excellent value at that price, if your after a race shoe up to a half marathon or even a marathon if your light and efficeint enough these are both great shoes, also run in Nike Jasari these offer more support but are slightly heavier but still lighter then your Asics, just got the Adidas Adizero PR 100grams these are like running in bare feet, will run a 10 mile race in these next, all these shoes offer little or no support except for the Jasari and are for speed only. I found all the Nike's to be way better then the Puma and I can get two pairs for less then the price of one pair of Puma's. why not give the Jasari's a go they offer the most support and cushioning out of the Nikes and if you want an all out race shoe try the Vaporflys, if you don't like them I'm sure you could sell them to someone who wants to try them. Waiting to see what the Lunaracer is like but not for £70-£80 are they worth it just for a race? the secret is to make all your training runs count and if you wear light weight shoes you do run them faster and you can work the hills harder, Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts