Runners Forum banner

Question of the day..haha it returneth!

2K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Granty 
#1 ·
Do you keep a running diary/blog? If so what do you record?

#3 ·
Very remiss of you :p

It helps with motivation...I put brief details on here and write a diary at home...have done for years...not a lot goes in ...generally just time and distance plus some weather details if relevant.

#9 ·
I used to just write down the distance in a notebook (I only run for 30 minutes at a time) and note how I felt and any injury niggles.

I've not been running regularly because of injury, but I got a new phone which has sportstracker on it and I've used it a couple of times (I think it records similar info to a garmin).

I also like to use the training blog on here, albeit irregularly :confused:

#12 ·
I've recorded everything I've done since I started running on April 9th, 1986. Apart from the date I record what sort of a session it was (long run/intervals/hill reps/race), where it was, the distance and the time. I've also recorded injuries, treatments, medications, etc... It makes interesting reading. It tells me to date I've run 30,478 miles, run 280 races and registered 135 category wins on Road, Track, X-Country and Fells. I often look at it and wonder "How the 'ell did I do that?"
Cheers!

#14 ·
I use the blog on here and also my own blog (see sig).

I find looking back at times etc useful, as I can see how much I've actually improved when I feel stuck - but I also like to write a lot of incidental details about how I was feeling as well, as it's interesting to look back and see my mental progress as well, as times don't always tell the whole story :cool:

#18 ·
Only started keeping a note when I got the Garming 305 - cos it done it all for you ont he computer :)
Use Training Centre and Sporttracks software with it.

Use it for both running and cycling - it records a whole host of data, but I tend to only check distance/times/heart rate/pace

Also started using the blog on the forums when I joined up.

#25 ·
I used to keep a swimming training log; one I made myself in Exel. However, it became a bit obsessive. So now I don’t bother and I’m not going to start one for running. Those who do keep logs and blogs I salute you for your tenacity, and I think used correctly they can be an invaluable tool for those wishing to improve. Me? I’m too old and crap, seeing it in black and white would only depress me:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.