Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I tried to keep up with my mates for as long as possible, and then once they had disappeared into the yonder I managed to keep up with 'padded Superman' for the rest of the way.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
steepler said:
Keep in front of the person behind, catch the runner in front.
NEVER look back!
That's the way I look at it once the race has settled after a few mins.....also stay with the group you find yourself in for as long as possible....don't get dropped, if you do you just continue to go backwards!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was the first question of the day I posed ....just thought I'd pull it up again as today's (9/1/09)question.

Lazy or what?!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
def catch the person in front and keep ahead of the person behind you...so i say both!!

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
I chase after the people in front of me and then once I pass them try and stay in front of them :) Sometimes works, sometimes doesnt, no matter what I do, I always try and pass one or two people on the final straight.

O.

·
Registered
456 Posts
hang on someones shoulder a while, then push on to hang on the next bod.... and so on... that way you find the person just a bit better than you...

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Lazy or what?!!
Is that the question? If so... YES!

To answer the previous question - I'd like, in my next race, to try to catch the person in front.

At my first race, there was someone breathing down my neck at the halfway point, he passed me. I said to myself that I would catch him up and pass him and that no one else would overtake me and that's what happened - I beat him and we managed to pass other people on the way, which pleased me enormously.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Always looking to catch the person in front... if I get overtaken then that person behind becomes the person in front anyhow ;)

Also I think most of us will run to the best of our ability, in which case there's not a great deal we can do about those behind us :)

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Sure am...but there you have it...you didn't answer I see!!
yeah that cus it was todays (ish) question..and not yesterdays :p

i tend to try and find someone who's shoulder that i can sit on then with about 1k left try to kick on.

i dont really worry about people ahead or behind... i race as quick as i can so not much point me worrying about someone behind/ ahead

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
If I can hear someone very heavy footed behind me that generally tells me they are as tired as I probably am so I try to speed up a bit to let them know they won't get pass me, most times it works and I always keep someone who is a bit faster than me in my sights so they pace me a faster race and like Owain do my best to get passed as many peeps as possible on the last part of the race.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts