Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Sunshine..........which I love at any other time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same here, love the rain, don't like the sun. (well not for running purposes anyway!) This is my first winter running but I have a sneaky feeling I will make excuses when I see snow or hail :embarrassed:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Grant said:
I don't mind running in the rain - but when it's rainy and high winds, like it has been over the last few days I won't even go out. I'll hit the treadmill in the gym instead.
Hit the treadmill, hit the dog, hit the mrs........ But don't go out.

That should liven things up.........

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Don't like rain when I'm about to set off.No problem if it starts when I'm out.
Do the Scottish ones amongst us ever get the chance to run in sunshine though?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
664 Posts
hot foot said:
Do the Scottish ones amongst us ever get the chance to run in sunshine though?:rolleyes:
At this time of year??? Go to work in the dark, come home in the dark, run in the dark :d

·
Registered
151 Posts
LOL hot foot, I love winter running, although not to fond of the high winds we have been having. My Sunday long runs are usually 7mins/mile but at one point on sunday I was running hard into the wind doing 9:30 min/miles.....character building they say

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wind really annoys me. Cost me PB's in 2 races this year!

I tend not to get affected by hot weather, however, usually during the summer my hayfever/asthma plays up, so the 2 go hand in hand.

·
Registered
143 Posts
hot foot said:
Not recently, I can vaguely remember that big yellow circular thing that moves across the sky!

The weather up here has been hideous and it has affected my training, heavy rain and high wind combos are not for running in

flakey

·
Registered
664 Posts
hot foot said:
I see you like a bit of haille haille though calton!;)
I do indeed hot foot. Odd thing as far as running goes though is that I only started in January, really determined to get to a respectable time what I didn't expect was to like it, but as a result of when I started, and I was determined, I find weather doesn't bother me. In fact sometimes I find really bad weather almost gives an extra kick. Anybody else find that ?

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I think I gain more satisfaction when I've had a good run in bad weather although I may not always look forward to it.
If I am training for a specific race (not that I've taken part in many) my focus is far greater and as a result I do run in a better frame of mind regardless of the conditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I find that it depends on me as much as the weather. If I'm having a decent run it's almost irrelevant, and conditions that on another day might have been a real bind can add to the enjoyment of the run. Having said that the only conditions that I can't personally run in are indoors; I don't like treadmill running.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts