Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
More likely their all hungover Mickygee.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
maybe there are too many christmas parties going on... had mine on Friday, still managed a run on Sunday though :huh:

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Hollywood said:
I've had a few problems logging on recently - with the browser timing out - I thought that was why it was quiet... or have the problems just been at my place?
I've had the same trouble hollywood.Server problems I suppose then.:huh:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Dawn,
I'm really sorry about your mum - is she any better and how are you holding up?

With regards to Steve I can smell the testosterone from here!!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Edwina, thank you for asking about my mum, she was allowed home on Monday, I dont think she should hav ebeen she looks terrible and feels exhausted, but I suppose we have to trust the doctors. I spent Friday in intensive care with her, it was the most awful thing I've had to do, I thought we were going to lose her they couldnt stabalise her heart rate, it was between 190-196 ( i dont understand much about that but they said it was dangerously high and she could have another attack) so they injected her with blood thinners into her stomach abut once an hour and then into her arm with meds to try regulate her heart, and also pain killers. she went for a chest xray to see if there was fluid on her chest which could be causing the heart to beat so fast, but there wasnt any, she was on oxygen mask and totally out of it bless her, they kept her in intensive care friday saturday, til they regulated her heart. It just makes you realsie you never know whats around the corner. I dont think i have ever cried as much, and theres only so many times a five year old will believe that you have just banged your knee, when they ask why are you crying again mummy. Sorry to ramble.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
((((Hugs)))) to all of you. I must admit reading your post reminded me of an incident when I was 5 yrs old - he'll undertand one day why is mummy was so upset - infact it sometimes amazes me how intuitive children can be.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
((((Hugs)))) to all of you. I must admit reading your post reminded me of an incident when I was 5 yrs old - he'll undertand one day why is mummy was so upset - infact it sometimes amazes me how intuitive children can be.
lol when i think about it I do treat him s if he is daft bless him, I came off the phone one fo the days and was sobbing my heart out, my middle son (14) came to me and he was sobbing too and hugging me and When Cooper asked why we were both crying, yup you've guessed, we had both banged our knees

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Mum, Dawn. I've been away in the US (another reason for quiet), and also found out that my father-in-law had a run-in with the NHS over the weekend. Not as serious as your mum, but I do think they sent him home too early. How is your Mum now, and what sort of support does she have at home? Is she staying with you? Are you staying with her? Do you have brothers/sisters to help?
5 year olds can be very resilient, and I bet he's been hugging you loads over your banged knee, anyway. Good luck, and I'm sure you've been doing a v. good job of looking after your Mum.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts