Runners Forum banner

Quiet

3K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  Granty 
#1 ·
Its all quiet on the forum front.
Is everyone out on the road?

#17 · (Edited)
Edwina, thank you for asking about my mum, she was allowed home on Monday, I dont think she should hav ebeen she looks terrible and feels exhausted, but I suppose we have to trust the doctors. I spent Friday in intensive care with her, it was the most awful thing I've had to do, I thought we were going to lose her they couldnt stabalise her heart rate, it was between 190-196 ( i dont understand much about that but they said it was dangerously high and she could have another attack) so they injected her with blood thinners into her stomach abut once an hour and then into her arm with meds to try regulate her heart, and also pain killers. she went for a chest xray to see if there was fluid on her chest which could be causing the heart to beat so fast, but there wasnt any, she was on oxygen mask and totally out of it bless her, they kept her in intensive care friday saturday, til they regulated her heart. It just makes you realsie you never know whats around the corner. I dont think i have ever cried as much, and theres only so many times a five year old will believe that you have just banged your knee, when they ask why are you crying again mummy. Sorry to ramble.

#18 ·
((((Hugs)))) to all of you. I must admit reading your post reminded me of an incident when I was 5 yrs old - he'll undertand one day why is mummy was so upset - infact it sometimes amazes me how intuitive children can be.

#19 ·
Steady Edwina said:
((((Hugs)))) to all of you. I must admit reading your post reminded me of an incident when I was 5 yrs old - he'll undertand one day why is mummy was so upset - infact it sometimes amazes me how intuitive children can be.
lol when i think about it I do treat him s if he is daft bless him, I came off the phone one fo the days and was sobbing my heart out, my middle son (14) came to me and he was sobbing too and hugging me and When Cooper asked why we were both crying, yup you've guessed, we had both banged our knees

#20 ·
Sorry to hear about your Mum, Dawn. I've been away in the US (another reason for quiet), and also found out that my father-in-law had a run-in with the NHS over the weekend. Not as serious as your mum, but I do think they sent him home too early. How is your Mum now, and what sort of support does she have at home? Is she staying with you? Are you staying with her? Do you have brothers/sisters to help?
5 year olds can be very resilient, and I bet he's been hugging you loads over your banged knee, anyway. Good luck, and I'm sure you've been doing a v. good job of looking after your Mum.

#21 ·
Karen so sorry to hear of your upset too with your father in law, hope he is fully recovered, big hugs to you. These parents are such a worry arent they lol. Mum is getting stronger by the day bless her, I live about 17 miles away from them my father is being an absolute *bleeps* and isnt allowing anyone to go see her (last time we went was Tuesday, all my other brothers and sisters (Im one of five) live close by and he wont let them visit neither he said its cos he doesnt want mum get over excited (and living with him she needs some excitement bless her but thats another story) I have been phoning daily as has my sister, but he just says she is tired and so doesnt want her to come to the phone, he's so jealous of all the attentionshe is getting and he is getting none. Dont want to go into too much and bore everyone but to show you the kind of man he is, when she was in intensive care, he said to my sister, that if she dies he is young enough to get on with his life and re marry cos he needs someone grrrrrrrrrr, but i did phone yesterday and she was in the room when i rang and so she was saying who is it Allan so he passed the phone to her, and she was so happy to speak with someone other than him, she was out of breath but sounded so much better. Cooper (05 year old) is a lovely little lad, but such a grass, many times when hubby come he would go upto him and say daddy mummys been crying agian bless him, no secrets where kids are lol

#22 ·
Hi Dawn, I'm glad to hear your Mum is recovering. It sounds like you're doing as much as your Dad will allow. Have you sent her some flowers? I worry enormously about my ageing parents, and especially my father-in-law as his quality-of-life has been seriously taken away in recent months. He is 80, which is only a few years more than Runningfox, but, oh boy, what a difference in health between them. My father-in-law is probably going to have to go back into hospital between now and Christmas, so I am just hoping for the best.

#23 ·
aww Karen im so very sorry, my neighbour is 90 and hes as fit as anything, my mum is only 58 bless her. Havent sent flowers cos he doesnt liek flowers in the house. I hope your father in law keeps strong my thoughts are with him. I seem to be living at the hospital lately, with my mum then last week Cooper had to go for 2 visits with his feet, then i went to outpatients to find i have to go in for laparoscopy and diathermy jan 10th so general anesthetic then, then Megs mum went in for new knee yesterday, so i think i should book a bed to save car parking problems lol. Big hugs to you and all your family Karen, keep smiling sweetie xxx

#25 ·
Yep and we added to that this weekend, Ashley (14) got tummy pains and ended up having an emergancy operation for appendicitis they said good job we got him in when we did as they were perferating, so been with him in hospital since saturday hence the reason i havent been online, 2007 has only got to be better lol. Hope you r father inlaw is doing ok

#26 ·
Steve said:
mickygee said:
Its all quiet on the forum front.
QUOTE]

I thought it was quiet from about Wednesday last week...and no sign of BAGPUSS FOR AGES...could the two be related?!:d

Bagpuss has been a poorly puss!

I have been 'unbalanced' now for over a month! Haven't even been able to walk straight let alone run. I am going to go out late tonight after work (when nobody can see me) and see if I can still run. I had a real bad ear problem, but worse still, because I couldn't run, I am really, really, fed up. I feel a real slob for not doing anything...........I have only just started drinking again....always a good sign!

So hopefully you guys are all well and still breaking records. I feel I will have taken a real backwards step, so I desperately need some motivation.

Back on 'The Patch' now,

Bagpuss

xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.