Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my chip through for the Plymouth Half never worn one before and don't want to lose it during the race. Whats the best way to secure it? :embarrassed:

·
Registered
664 Posts
They usually come with velcro strap to fasten round your ankle (need to be down there to register on the mats you pass over).

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope no velcro straps and the instructions say to attach to laces on shoes.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
There's usually either a velcro strap with the chip or some Tyvek strips, which secure the chip to your laces. If not then you can just thread your laces through the chip...it just make it a bit more awkward to remove it at the finish... but maybe someone will do that for you ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
haven't received my chip yet! its getting very close starting to think 'what have i done'.
I managed 3 laps of Burrator this afternoon my legs are really aching. I will do this again next week and then its time to taper down.

let us know if you find a good way to secure chip.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just got it threaded through my laces. You will probabl get your racing pack in the post on Monday.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I'm glad to see that you're not leaving the prep to the last minute SE ;)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am getting a bit excited - I wanted to make sure it was comfortable so I did a practice run today.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
I am getting a bit excited - I wanted to make sure it was comfortable so I did a practice run today.

Bless.... :) I've never heard of someone doing a practice run with their chip, but I guess you can never be too careful :confused:

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
No straps here in Portugal. Just the chip itself. Most people use the shoe laces to keep it in place :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Valley Boy said:
Easy read the instructions sent with the chip and follow them..............
Trouble is the instructions tell you to thread the laces through the square holes but there aren't any square holes.......the pictures shows the yellow champion chip and I've got the white one.

To be honest Trin it was such a faff getting it on there I couldn't be bothered to take it off again.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know some people are still waiting for theirs - if they took your payment from your account and emailed you a number then you are entered. No getting away with it I'm afraid.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Your last week of training this week to all doing the Plymouth 1/2 marathon, hope your excited and looking forward to the day you have all worked hard for?

Best of Luck TT :d

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep very excited met up with some other runners at the RW South West social on Saturday - been discussing race strategies. They've put up the road signs as well.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
. They've put up the road signs as well.
I hope the local hoodies don't turn them round and send you on a wild goose chase!!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm very familiar with the route by now and we've got maps in our booklets, which we've been told to rip out and take with us. Somebody said something about marshalls as well. We do things properly down here yer know.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
I'm very familiar with the route by now and we've got maps in our booklets, which we've been told to rip out and take with us. Somebody said something about marshalls as well. We do things properly down here yer know.
crikey hope you do have marshalls...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts