Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let you know I've got my first race on Sunday morning, I know its not quite up to some of your standards but I cant wait.

Anyone else doing the Race for Life soon?

Shaz.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hiya, me in a couple of weeks, which reminds me to take my sponsor form to work I'm always on the last minute.;)

You enjoy yours:)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Yep, mine's a week on Sunday, but I'm not likely to be running any of it now :( I'll be poddling along with the other walkers <sigh>

I might have to jog the last 500m or so, just to run over the finishing line, and s*d what my foot thinks of it!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good luck Sharon.

The first of many I`m sure.

Just make sure you have a great time......

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Oh dear, how rude am I? :embarrassed:

I posted all about me and didn't wish you luck, Sharon.

I hope you have a great time - come back and tell us all about it :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
bagpuddycat said:
Oh dear, how rude am I? :embarrassed:

I posted all about me and didn't wish you luck, Sharon.

I hope you have a great time - come back and tell us all about it :d
Go sit on the naughty step!! :p :d

·
Registered
110 Posts
good luck sharon for the race for life, im running mine on the 8th june and it'l be my first race too. good luck to everyone else running too.

Forest

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can I just say a very BIG thank you for all of your kind support. (Dimple, Bagpuddycat, Steve, Rob, Dave and Forest I think thats everyone) I will keep you all posted with my progress.

Good Luck to all of you who will be taking part in a Race for Life, please keep us posted of how well you do.

Thank you once again.

Shaz.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hey hey, obviously I have to add my best wishes to everyone that's running it!

Also, can I just say, seeing as it's vaguely relevent in this thread - my friends are b******s!!! I set up the web page for donations when my friend (who's not a runner) set hers up - she's gotten LOADS of sponsorship, BUT when it comes to me, I got like £10, and everyone was like "oh it's not going to be that much of a challenge for you, surely?" and I told them all they were heartless idiots and that it was a good cause - regardless of whether I suffered. So then I was told that they're not used to giving up their money unless I'm suffering (eg when I raised 400 quid for getting my dreads chopped off)... so now I've had to resort to bribery to raise money... I have told them that if I raise £100 before the race I will do it as a pink fairy - wearing a pink tutu with wings and a wand, etc... and of course the donations came flooding it... eargh. :rolleyes:

Sorry I had to moan about that one a bit. Ahwell, it'll be a good larf, I'm doing it on the 15th of June I think in Shef, so no doubt I'll post some pics, just to really embarrass myself as much as possible.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
almost_no_specifics said:
Hey hey, obviously I have to add my best wishes to everyone that's running it!

Also, can I just say, seeing as it's vaguely relevent in this thread - my friends are b******s!!! I set up the web page for donations when my friend (who's not a runner) set hers up - she's gotten LOADS of sponsorship, BUT when it comes to me, I got like £10, and everyone was like "oh it's not going to be that much of a challenge for you, surely?" and I told them all they were heartless idiots and that it was a good cause - regardless of whether I suffered. So then I was told that they're not used to giving up their money unless I'm suffering (eg when I raised 400 quid for getting my dreads chopped off)... so now I've had to resort to bribery to raise money... I have told them that if I raise £100 before the race I will do it as a pink fairy - wearing a pink tutu with wings and a wand, etc... and of course the donations came flooding it... eargh. :rolleyes:

Sorry I had to moan about that one a bit. Ahwell, it'll be a good larf, I'm doing it on the 15th of June I think in Shef, so no doubt I'll post some pics, just to really embarrass myself as much as possible.

I think we know someone with a pink tutu............

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good Luck ANS cant wait to see photos.

·
Registered
707 Posts
HA! Maybe you should come and join me in the race for life and wear "your friend's" tutu.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
If only Sheffield were closer...............my friend would love to run it with I'm sure!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts