Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let you know I've got my first race on Sunday morning, I know its not quite up to some of your standards but I cant wait.

Anyone else doing the Race for Life soon?

Shaz.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hiya, me in a couple of weeks, which reminds me to take my sponsor form to work I'm always on the last minute.;)

You enjoy yours:)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Yep, mine's a week on Sunday, but I'm not likely to be running any of it now :( I'll be poddling along with the other walkers <sigh>

I might have to jog the last 500m or so, just to run over the finishing line, and s*d what my foot thinks of it!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good luck Sharon.

The first of many I`m sure.

Just make sure you have a great time......

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
bagpuddycat said:
Oh dear, how rude am I? :embarrassed:

I posted all about me and didn't wish you luck, Sharon.

I hope you have a great time - come back and tell us all about it :d
Go sit on the naughty step!! :p :d

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can I just say a very BIG thank you for all of your kind support. (Dimple, Bagpuddycat, Steve, Rob, Dave and Forest I think thats everyone) I will keep you all posted with my progress.

Good Luck to all of you who will be taking part in a Race for Life, please keep us posted of how well you do.

Thank you once again.

Shaz.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hey hey, obviously I have to add my best wishes to everyone that's running it!

Also, can I just say, seeing as it's vaguely relevent in this thread - my friends are b******s!!! I set up the web page for donations when my friend (who's not a runner) set hers up - she's gotten LOADS of sponsorship, BUT when it comes to me, I got like £10, and everyone was like "oh it's not going to be that much of a challenge for you, surely?" and I told them all they were heartless idiots and that it was a good cause - regardless of whether I suffered. So then I was told that they're not used to giving up their money unless I'm suffering (eg when I raised 400 quid for getting my dreads chopped off)... so now I've had to resort to bribery to raise money... I have told them that if I raise £100 before the race I will do it as a pink fairy - wearing a pink tutu with wings and a wand, etc... and of course the donations came flooding it... eargh. :rolleyes:

Sorry I had to moan about that one a bit. Ahwell, it'll be a good larf, I'm doing it on the 15th of June I think in Shef, so no doubt I'll post some pics, just to really embarrass myself as much as possible.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
almost_no_specifics said:
Hey hey, obviously I have to add my best wishes to everyone that's running it!

Also, can I just say, seeing as it's vaguely relevent in this thread - my friends are b******s!!! I set up the web page for donations when my friend (who's not a runner) set hers up - she's gotten LOADS of sponsorship, BUT when it comes to me, I got like £10, and everyone was like "oh it's not going to be that much of a challenge for you, surely?" and I told them all they were heartless idiots and that it was a good cause - regardless of whether I suffered. So then I was told that they're not used to giving up their money unless I'm suffering (eg when I raised 400 quid for getting my dreads chopped off)... so now I've had to resort to bribery to raise money... I have told them that if I raise £100 before the race I will do it as a pink fairy - wearing a pink tutu with wings and a wand, etc... and of course the donations came flooding it... eargh. :rolleyes:

Sorry I had to moan about that one a bit. Ahwell, it'll be a good larf, I'm doing it on the 15th of June I think in Shef, so no doubt I'll post some pics, just to really embarrass myself as much as possible.

I think we know someone with a pink tutu............

1 - 20 of 24 Posts