Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good are your loved ones at supporting you in races? Do they just wait at the finish line or do they, excuse the pun, go the extra mile?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Steve said:
Careful you don't get arrested!!!:embarrassed: :d
I've done worse than a bit of 'prowling'. My favorite is 'mooning' at people after about 15 JD's! just need to think more about where I am sometimes!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Steve said:
I think you do !
Shocking behaviour for a cat...having all those JDs!

Yep, and I am currently trying to have an alcohol free week, see how much better I might feel, so far this is only my second day!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Most of my family are normally running in the races as well, but mostly support is at the end.

Talking of drinking too much I was a very naughty TT last night, we had a company quiz night and well lets just say it got a bit messy. All this training for the past 4 months has played havoc with my lack of ability to hold my drink, have barely eaten a thing all day :embarrassed:

·
Registered
813 Posts
twinkle toes said:
Talking of drinking too much I was a very naughty TT last night, we had a company quiz night and well lets just say it got a bit messy. All this training for the past 4 months has played havoc with my lack of ability to hold my drink, have barely eaten a thing all day :embarrassed:

Oh dear TT, just think how bad you feel today and what toxins are in your body and what they will do to your running! Having said that, it does you good to over indulge from time to time....just not tooooooo often!;)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Bagpuss said:
Oh dear TT, just think how bad you feel today and what toxins are in your body and what they will do to your running! Having said that, it does you good to over indulge from time to time....just not tooooooo often!;)
I know I feel disgusting, I am so glad that I don't have any races coming up, mind you I wouldn't have been out if that were the case...

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Bagpuss said:
Yep, and I am currently trying to have an alcohol free week
LOL....................................................:d

·
Registered
813 Posts
Dave said:
LOL....................................................:d

ok, I know it's probably not possible (I get lead astray easily!) but, I will give it a go, well maybe another day or two!!!:d

·
Registered
813 Posts
hot foot said:
Are you still on the wagon BP?:d

NO! Been quite good though, I finished work late last night and had to do an 'early' today and wasn't tired enough to go to bed. So, yeah I know, lame excuse, but I only had one glass of rouge to help me sleep! haven't had one yet today......good eh?....may have one in a minute though. Bit naffed off as my running is a bit of a struggle this week, keep stopping. I have to fight with myself to carry on and big 10k (against colleagues) in two weeks time! Must give myself a good talking to, willpower shot away! Also had my hair done....I look like a witch now.......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts