Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First time poster here... I have been running for some time now, running races going from 10k to marathon. As many I am still improving, here understood in the fact that my times race after race became better. This will however not last and I want to know how others dealt with this? When I look online I see that people make a difference between process (= emphasis on training, realizing the process) and product (= emphasis on the result) oriented runners. Based on these definitions I would consider myself as product-oriented. So how did you deal with this? I believe that it is not more then normal that when you start running more races more variation (positive and negative) will appear in you results.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Being product-oriented, as you say, can be the best motivation for focusing on a good process (training).
The gains you experience, as you very well noted, will become more marginal but you can always try to improve on them.
You can also race different distances or, something not so many people do, aim for course records. You can run a 10k or some odd distance like a 3.7 mile race and then try to beat your time on the same course the following year.
If you are placing high enough, you can also race other people, try to get on the podium, top-10, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I am a first time poster here. I am 15
I run about 30-35km per week
I would like to take part in a 1500m race
What training should I do?
At the moment the maximum i run is 4 times a week. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts