Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi running community

I鈥檓 new to all this (my first post) so please be kind to me 馃檹馃徎
My burning question is 鈥渨hich racing shoes should I purchase to help improve my racing times & even my training??
I took up the running bug again late last Easter (20years from High school sprint & cross country team!) and I鈥檓 currently training just for 5k to 10k & maybe a couple of 8milers for 2020 race season & to improve my times from last seasons races.
I only ran a few races late on 2019 (Autumn) done my first 5k race 17:32 first 10k race sub 40mins which was a brutal hilly course & also an 8miler sub 55mins which was also a brutally hilly course.
I鈥檓 79.5kg 5.11 & have big wide feet size 11 & I鈥檓 currently running in NewBalance Rebel鈥檚 which I had to size up to 11.5. My goal for this season is to improve my times in these races, aiming to break into 15mins for 5k break into 35/36mins for 10k & go under the 50mins for the 8miler.
At the minute my training is 35-50miles per week with things like big hill repeats tempo runs speed sessions on track & recovery stuff & at the minute my body is feeling good & has adapted well to the sessions.
For these types of races I feel I need to work on speed & endurance for my training and at the moment my split times for 1k repeats on the track range from 3:29-3:38 (trying to knock of 30secs of each set is proving to be the challenge!) So regarding improvements on equipment & even training/recovery I am hoping for all your help & experiences to reach my goal this season.
Shoes I was looking at to see if they could make improvements with my times but would have no idea or experience with any of these makes were the Hoka Carbon X, Vaporfly, next%, NewBalnce 5280.
Thank you for taking time to help, please feel free to share all experiences, I am very open for all advise... keen leaner

Thank you TR

Registered
The first couple that come to mind in view of your comments and speed are the Hoka carbon X, the New Balance Propel and maybe the Hoka Rincon. I'd guess the NBs fit wider feet best of these. If you need a bit more drop then maybe the Nike Zoom Fly 3, though personally I found that the version 1 makes a slapping sound on pavement :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
The first couple that come to mind in view of your comments and speed are the Hoka carbon X, the New Balance Propel and maybe the Hoka Rincon. I'd guess the NBs fit wider feet best of these. If you need a bit more drop then maybe the Nike Zoom Fly 3, though personally I found that the version 1 makes a slapping sound on pavement :)
Thank You Steve C 馃憤馃徎

1 - 3 of 3 Posts