Discussion Starter #1
Hitting the Buffers. Only 30 minutes.

Click link to listen on bbc i Player.

BBC iPlayer - Radio

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is quite interesting............Honest.......:)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It`s about the scientific differences between sprinting and long distance running.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The link on the first post is to a listen again thingy Richard.......:d

·
Banned
2,297 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I found it interesting thanks Dave:)
I like to know the science behind EVERYTHING:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:............yes yes I am a geek!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I`m glad you liked it Yorkie.........:)

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Good listen Dave do you know what the other three programmes were in the series ?

Interesting about the balance of fast and slow twitch fibres in different people .

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Was an interesting program to listen to... I tihnk teh other shows were about other forms of speed... i'm guessing in vehicles or something?

I wonder where they draw the line between sprinting and endurance... hwo do they tell if someone is suited to a middle distance run?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Was an interesting program to listen to... I tihnk teh other shows were about other forms of speed... i'm guessing in vehicles or something?

I wonder where they draw the line between sprinting and endurance... hwo do they tell if someone is suited to a middle distance run?
Muscle biopsy perhaps?

A roughly equal number of fast twitch/slow twitch fibres for middle-distances?:huh:

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Muscle biopsy perhaps?

A roughly equal number of fast twitch/slow twitch fibres for middle-distances?:huh:
How does that pan out in people who run 800 to 3000 middle distance and then manage decent times in a half or marathon.:confused:

I suppose there is no definitive answer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts