Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its horrid down here so much rain that Noah is stood outside looking for some lions, so much wind that Mary Poppins hasn't been seen since first thing.

To be honest for the first time since i started running im struggling to find the motivation to go out. So please convince to stop being such a complete wimp and to find a waterproof jacket and maybe a hat and get us all one step nearer san Fransisco.

And if there are any tips for running in this weather then please share.

Now where did i put my rubber ring ?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Just get out there.....................:d

Don`t be tempted to wear to many clothes.
You will regret it after a couple of miles.

When you get home you will feel you have been in a battle and won.........I hope.

Let us know how it goes.

I think today`s a rest day for me....................:d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
just wear a splashproof top of some sort, or alternatively a very light wicking T-shirt (okay it won't be able to wick very well, but it'll be a darn sight better than a cotton T-shirt!), wear a baseball cap (or alternative with a peak).

As Dave says, you'll come back feeling invigorated - like you've fought a battle against nature and won! :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
yeah get out there, I would be in a heartbeat if I could, this is the best weather :d

You will feel fantastic afterwards

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yer right... stick the kettle on and settle down in front of a Carry On film... Hold on!! What am I saying.... Get yerself out there. I've done my run today!! And up here in Fife its snowing!

How do you ever expect to do the "It were a lot tougher in my day" thing to yer grandkids if you don't go out in all weathers...

:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
No such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.

It is not the weather that matters but the run. If it is part of a plan towards realising a motivating goal then you will get out there no matter what.

I must admit it is tough, but once you have done it a few times you know that when you get back you will be glad you went out.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I never have a problem going out for a run in the rain - I stick on my running jacket and head out the door.

What really de-motivates me is when there's a gale blowing the rain in your face. That really puts me off running.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
oh_bugger said:
Its horrid down here so much rain that Noah is stood outside looking for some lions, so much wind that Mary Poppins hasn't been seen since first thing.

To be honest for the first time since i started running im struggling to find the motivation to go out. So please convince to stop being such a complete wimp and to find a waterproof jacket and maybe a hat and get us all one step nearer san Fransisco.

And if there are any tips for running in this weather then please share.

Now where did i put my rubber ring ?
I bought myself a concurve gore tex running jacket it's a brilliant piece of kit .I stay as dry as a bone and it doesn't make you sweat at all.

I have to also say i really enjoy running in the rain.Consequently i don't struggle with the motivation thing.

So come on Mr Oh Bugger repeat after me,

i can i will i must!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can I will I must and i did.

About thirty minutes before i wanted to go out the wind dropped a bit the rain eased right off and i went out and had probably my best run yet, thanks for the encouragment good boost to the motivation.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Nice one :d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good effort OB.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Jason said:
Terrible wind but glad I did it.:d
I hope you are feeling better now... ;) :embarrassed:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I actually prefer to run in the rain and wind. Not only is it invigorating but I tend not to notice the miles because of the battling through the weather. As for clothing I just wear a pair of shorts and a high wicking T shirt. Who says Southerners are soft:cool:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, I've just finished work and been out for my run. Its dark, wet and rainy but I actually quite like it like that. As One Eyed Runner says, its invigorating and, as a big part of one of my runs is on back roads, the solitude is quite stress-relieving...

I'm ready for my tea now.. fish and chips. :d

(mmmm... fattening... as Homer would say)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
shouldn't it be pancakes? I had mine :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts