Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just two and a half weeks left now, time to taper. I have just finished my last high mileage week, 57 miles, with my last 20 mile run done too. Now there are just 19 days to the race I have 12 training days, 5 rest days and a parkrun to go. Training is going into maintenance mode and it will be better to under train than to over train in the next couple of weeks, I will continue with the gym work and aqua jogging, but I will be keeping it light.

I am feeling good and strong in my running but I have no speed at all, so I am hoping I can just grind out the miles come race day. The plan is to keep the pace steady and consistent for as long as possible and to just hang in at the end, but my history with plans is a little iffy.

·
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Due to my glute problem resurfacing, I only ran 18 miles this week, missing 3 sessions. I did 2 gym sessions and a Boxercise class to keep the cardio fitness going. I will be aqua jogging on Monday and Tuesday and then resting up for the race on Friday.
I will steadily increase my carbohydrate intake from Monday onwards and hopefully be in some kind of shape by the end of the week. I will probably adjust my target down a little to account for the reduction in training mileage over the last 2 weeks. The new target will be around 36 miles.
After Ramsgate I will be taking 3 to 4 weeks rest from running, I will keep up the gym sessions and aqua jogging. I expect to start jogging again around Christmas, when it will be time to pu together a plan for the Madrid Half Marathon.
Fingers crossed for Friday, weather is looking OK, 8 degrees and dry, but that could easily change.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hope all goes well with the 6-hour challenge. I can't imagine running for 6-hours, I have only managed 2-hours up to now and I'm starting to get knee and calf aches. 🏃‍♂️

How are you getting on with trying to stay injury free? are you dong lots of foam rolling?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts