Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just back from my 2nd Rathlin Challenge. 10.8 mile of "undulating hills" on a beautiful island off County Antrim (and where Robert the Bruce sought refuge and took lessons from a spider!)
'Undulating hills' means it is as torturous coming as going! But a fantastic run when finished.
Thanks to the organisers. Craic was to the 90. You can't call yourself a runner until you've done Rathlin. Next Rathlin Challenge? August 2009. Be there!

P.S. That lesson from the spider was ... if you don't succeed, try and try again until you do.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Sounds fabulous and well done. Just one thing, I call myself a runner each and every time I go out the front door. No-one can take that achievement from me.

One day I might consider myself of a standard to attempt these stunning sounding runs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Undulating hills

I had trained on mountain roads for Rathlin but it wasn't really sufficient. Mountains are straight up, then straight down. Rathlin is a series of hills, many of them tough but then you can go fast downhill. Psychology is more important on such a run than on mountain roads. I don't know how to train for my 3rd run other than taking the boat to Rathlin every time. any advice?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts