Runners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: Big Belly!

Can anybody tell me or in particular if anyone has the same problem as me when I come in from a run my belly is so big you would think I am going to give birth to twins! :confused:

Does anybody know what could be causing this? Or is a baby going to pop out one of these days! (By the way I am male but there's a first for everything!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha! It's not there no! I just feel really bloated when I come in from a run and also it could be I'm putting my body under stress? (Could this be true?)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks very much! I don't run that far! From Ballymoney to the Giant's Causeway! Haha! I'm not Forrest Gump! Anyway no mixed grills for me prefer a kebab! Lol!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
My dad and his wife used to go for a Sunday bike ride for fitness. 3 miles to the village pub, lunch and a pint or two and home.

Never did lose any weight :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I commute most days to work (20 odd miles) but still can't lose any weight! :huh: Can anyone pleaseeeeeeeee help me?

Would I be better running on road or off road to lose the weight?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i think what you eat/ dont eat is the key to the bloated feeling.
when do you do most of your running? i.e. morning evening?

do you drink enough water during the day other than running?
do you do any other form of exercise other than running? i.e. work on your core strength

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Can'y say I've ever suffered a bloated feeling, though some very hard runs or races I get back and my stomach muscles feel like they've had an intense workout which can feel similar to the feeling of over-indulging at the dinnertable... is it just a feeling of bloating? or visual bloating as well?

I've no idea why you're not losing weight, it could be a whole host of factors and very much depends on calorie intake and expenditure - making sure you end up with a calorie defecit. :((

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
it might help if for a week or two you do a food/ drink diary...

every time you eat/ drink something write it down along with the time..

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Eating bad food certainly makes a difference to me and how I feel. Not eaten very well this past week and have noitced a difference.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I get that too. I know just where you're coming from. Mine will settle down after an hour or 2 but sometimes when I get back I can't even get into my jeans because my tummy is so massive!!

What causes it? Wouldn't have a clue but at least I know I'm not the only freak on the planet:d

·
Registered
65 Posts
Eating bad food certainly makes a difference to me and how I feel. Not eaten very well this past week and have noitced a difference.
I'm the same, I also get bloated if I eat ANYTHING before a run.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts