Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running a lot this week (more than usual) and I went on a really nice 10 miler this evening. It was warm and sunny and I ran to Crammond in Edinburgh along the shore. It was so quiet and peaceful. It's runs like this that make me remember why we do this. Anyway, I wasn't really pushing myself a great deal (I was at what felt like a comfortable pace), but I ended up covering the the 10 miles in 68 minutes. I'm now wondering if my times are likely to plummet in the coming year and if my goals for improvement have been underestimated. I have been out running 5 times this week, and after tonight, I've run 45 miles this week. Usually I run 30 miles a week, but I felt good. I'll force myself to take a rest day tomorrow though. Don't want to overdo it. I might do a timed single mile on Sunday and see if I can get close to 5 minutes or perhaps under. I once ran a half mile split in 2 minutes 26 as part of a 5k run, so I think I should be able to go pretty fast over a mile. We'll see.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Great run JB! Any races coming up in the near future? I don't think there's anything more rewarding than beating a predicted race time :d

Let me know how you get on with your mile time trial- i'll have to do one myself soon as I've no idea what I can manage - don't think I'd manage 5 mins though :(

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't feel in the mood for a speed run this morning, so just did the same 10 mile route again, since it was such a nice morning. My legs are a bit sore now, which I haven't had for a long time. I better take tomorrow off the road. No races planned. I might do something in the spring when it's a little warmer. I tend to run a lot faster when it's warm. I like heat :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts