Runners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have experienced problems over the last couple of days. These problems range from accessing the site at all, to logging in, to staying logged in.

Others (such as myself) may have experienced no issues at all.

It's also possible that those who have experienced no problems so far may do so today or tomorrow.

Unfortunately I don't have any explanations at the moment, we're thinking it's dns related but truthfully, no one seems to actually know what the problem is, let alone solve it.
We have, however, got the server hosts trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
664 Posts
intermitent and inconsistent problems - the bain of us IT dudes :mad:

Haven't encountered any problems myself on here yet.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I couldn't access the site last night either. For a moment, I thought I'd been transported to a parallel universe where runners forum does not exist, running as an art form does not exist, and everyone is really fat. It was scary!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I just thought no one was talking to me anymore :'(

And dimple, you always seem happy to me, even when digging as fast as you can :d

I am happy, even when I'm sad I'm happy. Does that make sense:confused: I can laugh and cry at the same time me:p

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got no news unfortunately.

The hosts are giving answers but nothing useful has been established yet.

Therefore, again, I don't know if anyone is still having problems, or if they're going to have problems in future however I'm determined to find out what happened and try to make sure it won't happen again.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Dead hamster on the server running wheel most likely. I'm sure they're training up another as we speak. :cool:

No problems encountered here so far

·
Registered
693 Posts
I couldnt access the site a couple of days ago but now everything seems fine....fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The server hosts have come back and said basically that they can't see how what happened did happen.

And to be honest it has me and Dan baffled too. Since it can't be recreated reliably, it can't be traced.

Looking at the access logs whatever it was seems to have passed. So unless it happens again, it's case closed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.