Runners Forum banner

recommend a shoe

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  running_4_ever 
#1 ·
hi guys i am new here..i have been running for awhile but i could only afford to get a real pair of shoes this year after getting a part time job i was previously running on a pair of old canvas shoes......i have an average foot..no flat feet overpronation whatsoever...

i prefer shoes that have little cushioning as i prefer to have better feel of the ground...i am a small guy at 1.66m tall and 57kg heavy....can you guys list a few choices of shoes that i should be looking? would want it not too expensive as i am still a student. :d

#3 ·
Is there a difference between a running trainer and a x-country trainer? I tried both and still found the x-country one more comfortable and supportive...

Back on topic, I normally find Nike is more comfy for my feet, you neednt spend a fortune either, I spent about 40 quid on my Nike trainers, very supportive and comfy.

#4 ·
Do you mean x-country or x-trainer? I assume a x-country tainer is more suited to running off road so have better grip in the mud, whilst road running shoes tend to have more cushioning to absorb the shock of pounding the pavements and some come with varying degress of support to control overpronation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.